Do you need to find a pattern to be successful?

Old May 16th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Craig Baugher

Default Do you need to find a pattern to be successful?

I am, for the most part, a pattern fisherman. I start out every outing
experimenting with a variety of lures, on a variety of cover and structure
to lock onto the pattern of the day. But sometimes, there is no clear cut
pattern.

Take today for example, I threw a spit'n image and caught a fish. Threw a
jerkbait and caught another. Threw a medium diving crankbait and caught
another. Threw a Texas Rigged crawfish and caught another. Threw a jig-n-pig
and caught another. Threw a floating worm and caught another.

See to zero in on a pattern, you continue to threw out different lures to
not only learn what the fish want, but what they don't want as well. Today,
they wanted everything. So no one lure was special, maybe the type of cover
or structure maybe special.

Fished shallow breakline and its weeds and caught fish. Fished laydowns
(wood) and caught fish. Fished rock and gravel and caught fish. OK, I give
up! Darn fish don't care what I'm throwing or where I'm throw it. Its just
not fair! That is what gives me an advantage over my fellow anglers. I know
how find a pattern and eliminate a ton of dead water. But sometimes, there
isn't a clear cut pattern, and on days like this, everybody catches fish.

Well, since I can't look special because I'm catching and others are not,
the only thing to do was have fun catching them!!! . . and sharing the fun
with everybody in sight! What an incredible day of fishing for EVERYONE!!!

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Old May 18th, 2004, 01:29 AM

Hey Craig ,whose boat were you on the rear deck of? I wouldn't mind
letting him put me on fish too !!!

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Craig Baugher

ROTFLMAO!!! Smart Arse! Charlie gave me his boat for the weekend, so I was
cruising his Yar-Craft Walleye boat. It's for sale if you know anybody
looking for a walleye boat with a 200 Mercury Opti.