POLL: Integrity of March Brown Travel FLy Rods

Old June 8th, 2007, 10:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
FlyCaster

Default POLL: Integrity of March Brown Travel FLy Rods

Was looking over March Brown's Web Site (www.marchbrown.com) and saw they
only have 2 dealers yet "are adding dealers every day. Anyone familiar
with this company? And those (and only those) that are, what do you think
of their integrity?
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
dcabarle[_2_]

I have one of these rods but never used it. In short, I won one of
these rods a few years ago. I figured I would use it to teach my kids
how to fly fish for sunnies in a lake. The tip snapped off (my fault).

I never pursued getting it replaced because I didn't have the time.
About a year later at the next fly fishing show in Somerset, NJ, I
brought the rod to the booth to see if they would offer some type of
replacement.

No questions asked... They offered to replace the entire rod.
Standing there, I thought to myself that I'd like for the kids to have
a 4wt instead of the 5. I asked the owner if I could swap it out for a
4wt and he said, "Sure, no problem at all, enjoy the rod."

So I can't really tell you about the quality of the rod but the quality
of the customer service is great!

Hope that helps.

--
dcabarle

-=Dennis=-
Old June 8th, 2007, 01:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
wllou

i have a 7 piece convertable travel 3 weight and love it....can be 6'6"
or 5"6" via use of one piece.....casts real nice and feels good in
hand...good luck

--
wllou
Old June 13th, 2007, 12:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 08:35:51 -0400, wllou
wrote:

i have a 7 piece convertable travel 3 weight and love it....can be 6'6"
or 5"6" via use of one piece.....casts real nice and feels good in
hand...good luck

Anything is possible, but the headers suggest sockpuppetry and SPAM...
Old June 16th, 2007, 07:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

i have a 7 piece convertable travel 3 weight and love it....can be 6'6"
or 5"6" via use of one piece.....casts real nice and feels good in
hand...good luck

Anything is possible, but the headers suggest sockpuppetry and SPAM...

What is in the headers of this poster that suggests he is with march
brown?

Old June 25th, 2007, 04:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
dcabarle[_3_]

wrote:

i have a 7 piece convertable travel 3 weight and love it....can be

6'6"
or 5"6" via use of one piece.....casts real nice and feels good in
hand...good luck

Anything is possible, but the headers suggest sockpuppetry and

SPAM...

What is in the headers of this poster that suggests he is with march
brown?

I don't work for, March Brown.

If you care to know, I'll give a brief history. I set my website up so
all users can take take advantage of the usenet newsgroups associated
with fly fishing. I'm using an integrated gateway program which enables
my bulletin board system to post and retrieve threads for usenet.

Why do I do this? Because quite a few people either A). don't know what
Usenet is. B). Possibly heard of usenet but have no idea how to access
it.

So... Although the headers might be a little annoying to you and maybe
a few others, I feel the benefits outway this little inconvenience.

1. Allows users who would not normally take advantage of usenet to now
do so.
2. These particular usenet forums (fly fishing) aren't really being
posted to that often. Having this ability on a regional forum not only
gets more users posting to usenet but allows my users to see posts that
they normally would not see.
3. The forum I administer is pretty popular, especially for the
catskill region which includes the Delaware River, Beaverkill,
Willowemoc, Neversink, etc... If a usenet user has a specific question
regarding this area, his/her chances of having those questions are far
greater. Not only that, but it might attract that particular user to
the forum. It's a win/win situation for some.

So, I apologize for the annoying headers/footers, but I still think
it's a win/win situation for all.

Thanks for listening.

--
dcabarle

-=Dennis=-
Old July 1st, 2007, 02:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dan Maher

On Jun 8, 2:00 am, (FlyCaster) wrote:
Was looking over March Brown's Web Site (www.marchbrown.com) and saw they
only have 2 dealers yet "are adding dealers every day. Anyone familiar
with this company? And those (and only those) that are, what do you think
of their integrity?

I own two 7 pc rods and they are great for the price. Pefect for
backpacking. Cust. service is excellent, and they are honest. Their
Baden Powell rods celebrate the founder of Scouting, and I believe one
of their key people is an Eagle Scout. Their website even gives a
discount for Scouters, with a little quiz to pass first.

Old August 1st, 2007, 06:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Paris Hilton

In article om,
Dan Maher wrote:

On Jun 8, 2:00 am, (FlyCaster) wrote:
Was looking over March Brown's Web Site (www.marchbrown.com) and saw they
only have 2 dealers yet "are adding dealers every day. Anyone familiar
with this company? And those (and only those) that are, what do you think
of their integrity?

I own two 7 pc rods and they are great for the price. Pefect for
backpacking. Cust. service is excellent, and they are honest. Their
Baden Powell rods celebrate the founder of Scouting, and I believe one
of their key people is an Eagle Scout. Their website even gives a
discount for Scouters, with a little quiz to pass first.

They are honest? A few years ago there was a web site www.travelrods.com
It rated tfo, march brown, sage xp, winston, plus a few other. Sage xp
and winston got about a 2 or 3 out of 5. March Brown got a 5 out 5.
Remember a sage xp got only like a 2 or a 3. Someone here looked up the
owner of the website and it was ownded by .... guess who?? the same
person who owned march brown.

Does this seem like a honest company to you?
Old August 4th, 2007, 06:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
dcabarle[_9_]

They are honest? A few years ago there was a web site

'www.travelrods.com' (http://tinyurl.com/2lzsfz)
It rated tfo, march brown, sage xp, winston, plus a few other. Sage xp
and winston got about a 2 or 3 out of 5. March Brown got a 5 out 5.
Remember a sage xp got only like a 2 or a 3. Someone here looked up
the owner of the website and it was ownded by .... guess who?? the
same person who owned march brown.

Does this seem like a honest company to you?

Your logic is flawed. First, if you're manufacturing a product, are
you going to rate the competitors product better? Why would any
company do that? Can you imagine walking into the Orvis store and them
telling you, "Our rods are good but let me tell yah, go across the
street and pick up a Sage". Of course not. Any rod company, not just
March Brown, is going to promote their rods as being the best. And if
they're not promoting their product as being the best, who's going to
want it? If you're selling a product that you have no confidence in,
you need to start selling a different product.

Second... The review is only as good as the person typing it. The
person typing it may think Sage rods suck (I happen to love Sage). To
each his/her own, right? It's a free country. If the person writing
the review thinks the March Brown rod is better, then maybe the rod is
better for that person (or maybe they just don't know what a real rod
feels like). Either way, they are entitled to their opinions. You
should go try a March Brown rod. You might find that you love them or
hate them, but at least give any company a fair shake before calling
them liars.

If you're so confident about the rod you fish, start your own website
and push the rod. Hell, you might find that people hate whatever rod
you're using; then again, you'll also find some who share your
thoughts.

Food for thought....

--
dcabarle