OT - This newsgroup and on topic fishing

Old January 2nd, 2008, 06:57 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
[email protected]

Default OT - This newsgroup and on topic fishing

This newsgroup does not seem to be a viable alternative to ROFF
Not enough activity
Too bad!

Re fishing
I am dreaming of it...but
It was 2 degrees when I woke up this AM
I will wait a couple of months
Riock Creek in the snow - here we come around Mar 1

Fred
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:33 AM posted to alt.flyfishing
Rick[_7_]

wrote in message
This newsgroup does not seem to be a viable alternative to ROFF
Not enough activity
Too bad!

Re fishing
I am dreaming of it...but
It was 2 degrees when I woke up this AM
I will wait a couple of months
Riock Creek in the snow - here we come around Mar 1

Fred

Nothing wrong with that Temp :-) just means less congestion on the water
that is flowing :-) Caught my best rainbow when it was almost single
digits... Just dress warm....

--
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true,

Old January 3rd, 2008, 03:06 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Halfordian Golfer

On Jan 2, 11:57 am, wrote:
This newsgroup does not seem to be a viable alternative to ROFF
Not enough activity
Too bad!

Re fishing
I am dreaming of it...but
It was 2 degrees when I woke up this AM
I will wait a couple of months
Riock Creek in the snow - here we come around Mar 1

Fred

Still waters run deep.

Your pal,

TBone
Old January 4th, 2008, 04:58 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
salmobytes

On Jan 2, 11:57 am, wrote:
This newsgroup does not seem to be a viable alternative to ROFF
Not enough activity
Too bad!

Re fishing
I am dreaming of it...but
It was 2 degrees when I woke up this AM
I will wait a couple of months
Riock Creek in the snow - here we come around Mar 1

Fred

I get up to Rock Creek about once every 3-4 years.
Usually during Salmon Fly time. That's a fun ride,
when the river (if you can call it that) is high, fast
and strewn with log jams. Someday I'll have to
come up when the water is lower, and the boats
are banned.

RE an alternative to ROFF
.....would be nice to have one.
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:49 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Halfordian Golfer

On Jan 4, 9:58 am, salmobytes wrote:
On Jan 2, 11:57 am, wrote:

This newsgroup does not seem to be a viable alternative to ROFF
Not enough activity
Too bad!

Re fishing
I am dreaming of it...but
It was 2 degrees when I woke up this AM
I will wait a couple of months
Riock Creek in the snow - here we come around Mar 1

Fred

I get up to Rock Creek about once every 3-4 years.
Usually during Salmon Fly time. That's a fun ride,
when the river (if you can call it that) is high, fast
and strewn with log jams. Someday I'll have to
come up when the water is lower, and the boats
are banned.

RE an alternative to ROFF
....would be nice to have one.

This newsgroup was created as an 'alt'-ernative specifically. I know
the reasons as I created it. One thing about ROFF folkes should know
is that it gained critical mass ONLY after a few die-hards (remember
the days? remember The Pellicle?) babysat it and made sure there was
enough content and presence to justify the visit. The bottom line is,
this newsgroup exists as an alternative to ROFF and can be anything we
decide it to be. So, start posting... 8)

Good fishing,

TBone
Old January 5th, 2008, 08:44 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Tom Littleton

"Halfordian Golfer" wrote in message

Tim.....I check in from time to time, and have subscribed probably since you
started this place. Sadly, though, that 'critical mass' you refer to has
never been reached here.
It would probably be better to have one group with more posters, and be able
to weed out or avoid posts one doesn't want to deal with, than to bounce
through two groups looking for viable threads. Just my two cents, and
as always, YMMV.
Tom

Old January 7th, 2008, 04:27 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Halfordian Golfer

On Jan 5, 1:44 pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"Halfordian Golfer" wrote in message

Tim.....I check in from time to time, and have subscribed probably since you
started this place. Sadly, though, that 'critical mass' you refer to has
never been reached here.
It would probably be better to have one group with more posters, and be able
to weed out or avoid posts one doesn't want to deal with, than to bounce
through two groups looking for viable threads. Just my two cents, and
as always, YMMV.
Tom

I guess the exception I'd suggest is that there are lots and lots of
sources of information available and we do constantly look under
different rocks to find what we need. It would really only take a few
interested, thoughtful posters here to achieve that critical mass.

Best regards,

Tim