Todays Tourney

Old June 28th, 2004, 02:42 AM
alwaysfishking

Default Todays Tourney

Well it didn't go as planned, but most times it doesn't. We launched at 5
a.m and got off to a quick two fish start as I had two in the livewell in
about ten minutes, but as a team we only got 3 more bass the rest of the day
and wound up finishing in the middle of the pack. Quite a few teams skunked
and a winning weight of less than 13 pounds for an 8 fish limit. The bites
were few and far between and the fish were real small

The small tin boat didn't help matters either as most fish seemed to come
off grass lines out in open water. The wind was too much as we used two
trolling motor batteries just trying to keep from being blown around. Most
boats were out in the open water anchored down
and fishing slow. Tough day but good to do some competition for a change.
There are two or three more of these we will do this year, maybe a rental
boat with a depth finder next time would help. Ugly bass on this lake as it
is weed choked, the bass were so brown you would swear they were smallies.
Oh well maybe we'll have better conditions next time out.