Marine Food Chain Affected by Global Warming

Old December 12th, 2005, 02:45 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

Default Marine Food Chain Affected by Global Warming

Stinkweed wrote:

Stinkweed wrote:

Stinkweed wrote:

I've accepted that the earth goes around the sun too. Have you?

Just to bring a little levity into the conversation, I don't know who
is
right and who is wrong, all I know is I am freezing my butt off where
live. I don't know when it has been this cold before. It generally
doesn't
get this way I understand until we are in a nice warm climate,
generally
January or Feb. My husband and I are snow birds. We normally don't
have
the snow we have either. I would like some of that Global Warming
right
now!

That's what you get for burning all your plastic insulation.

It's your own damn problem. All that plastic, gone.

I haven't burned any insulation...

Then you are a liar. Plastic insulation is made from oil.

When you burn oil, you are removing it from
the future reservoir of cheap plastic insulation.

It's kind of like shooting yourself in the foot, only worse.

How do you suggest I heat my house? Bear in mind you are talking to a lady.

Well, had you not so recklessly burned up all your
great grandchildren's plastic insulation, I would
have suggested you use the dissipating heat
from your electric appliances. However,
in the day you can use solar,
providing you have glass.

Google : Earth Sheltered Homes.

http://cosmic.lifeform.org
http://cosmic.lifeform.org

Old December 12th, 2005, 02:56 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

Capt John wrote:
Dave is correct, we do, and should, question the theory of global
warming.

To question facts, such as global warming, you need a body of evidence.
Otherwise, you should shut up. Ignorance conveys no rights.

"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to
uninformed opinion." -- John Lawton

And their are many scientist who question global warming.

And many many many more that do not. Not eveyone is convinced of gravity
either.

Many of the climate models show warming due to so called greenhouse
gasses, while other models show the climate cooling.

The record of warming is in the instrument records related to weather
reporting. It has nothing to do with models. Nor does the record of warming
show cooling, though there is a period in the 40's to 70's where smog pretty
much countered the warming by the presence of sulphate aerosols in the upper
atmosphere. No models are used to show the warming trend. This shows how
clueless you are.

Models ARE used to ascribe the causes, which are Solar Intensity ( 0.2C ),
Aerosols ( -0.2C) and GHGs ( 0.6C) at the time of the Third IPCC report (
2001 ). These mechanisms were shown to be both necessary and sufficient to
explain the observed warming trends.
http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/figspm-4.htm

We have proof of evolution,

Evolution is also a theory, or as we term it 'fact', though probably less
well established than global warming. The challenges to it are equally faith
based and irrational.

and of atomic particals,

We have hypothesis of atomic particles. Because we can only infer their
existence and nature from their interactions, we may never be able to
provide a true 'theory of everything' to explain them. At best, we have
working guidelines and some evidence. To explain the evidence we have more
than ONE theory, so far. Quantum Chromodynamics, String theory, etc, etc.
They are all either with flaws or inherently unprovable as yet. So there is
no 'theory of atoms'. You really should have gone farther in school. I put
you at mid high school level.

that's why they are accepted by
most people. I suspect the problem with the Irish Sea has more to do
with over fishing, something the EU knows about, but has chosen to
ignore.

Over fishing depends on the rate of replenishment of stocks. That is
controlled by their rate of reproductin and the conditions for growth, which
ultimately are controlled by climate. Climates we know are changing. It is
not a stretch to say that global warming is a factor in the demise of fish
stocks globally, not just over fishing. In Canada, where there has been a
decades long moratorium on cod fishing, the cod have NOT made a comeback.
Something is not right in the conditions now. Climate is likley to be a
major factor in the collapse as well.

Over fishing by EU members is widespread, but they would much
rather blame their problems on the US. They like to make us "the bad
guy" because their's no shortage of people gullable enought to beleave
them. If they blame the problem on someone else, and people buy into
it, they don't have to do anything, until the fish run out.

Trying to bypass the responsibility for global warming just puts you in the
'gullible' class who are trying to push people away from affirmative actions
to change the situation and thus you are the main problem. The fish and the
climate can be changed, but only after the ignorant die off, for certainly
they will not see their own stupidity even when it is obvious by their
mistakes as here.

Old December 12th, 2005, 04:36 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

wrote in message
oups.com...

Stinkweed wrote:

Stinkweed wrote:

Stinkweed wrote:

[...]

What makes you think that I don't do these things already? You call me a
liar and wasteful and you don't even know me or what I do to preserve
energy. I don't have solar unfortunately. But I do use the sun coming in
windows to add additional heat to the house. When I use the oven I leave
the door open till all the heat is gone to heat the house. We have the
thermostat that turns the heat down when we go to bed as we don't need the
heat when we are sleeping. We keep the house temp. in the day time at 68 no
matter how cold it gets. Not because we can't afford it, but because we are
trying to preserve the energy. If I get too chilly I have a little space
heater. I have only used it once. My stove is electric, my washer and
dryer are electric. We live in the country, we make lists, so when we go to
town we get the things on the lists, there are no unnecessary trips made and
sometimes neighbors go together. So don't always assume the worst of a
person when you don't know them. Maybe this isn't up to your standards, but
it is the best I can do to help. Oh and we recycle too. I could go over
and turn my heat up and be nice and toasty and warm, I could be all the
things you would like to think I am. But I'm not.

Old December 12th, 2005, 06:47 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

Global warming is the world's number one problem for the 21st century.
If we don't deal with it now, our children will pay for it later. -
Michael Oppenheimer, Professor of Geosciences, Princeton.

The mainstream scientific consensus on global warming is clear and
compelling: changes in our climate are real and are already under way.
For example, global sea level is rising about three times faster over
the past 100 years compared with the previous 3,000 years, and the last
decade was the hottest on record. As Earth continues to warm, there is
a growing risk that the climate will change in ways that will seriously
disrupt our lives, as well as the landscapes and animals we cherish.

Union of Concerned Scientists has joined the Stop Global Warming
Virtual March (www.stopglobalwarming.org) - together with citizens
across the country--to call for real leadership in Washington, DC on
the critically important issue of global warming. We invite our members
- and your family and friends - to march with us to demonstrate the
commitment of the American people to once again finding a solution that
creates a better world.

Old December 12th, 2005, 07:29 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,talk.environment,rec.outdoors.fishing

Stinkweed wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Stinkweed wrote:

Stinkweed wrote:

Stinkweed wrote:

[...]

The laws of physics are tough, aren't they.

Methinks many are worse off than you.

I reiterate : Earth Sheltered Home.

http://cosmic.lifeform.org
http://cosmic.lifeform.net