Vise lights

Old November 26th, 2005, 08:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default Vise lights

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
ups.com...
By the way, do you mind is I quote your post over in another newsgroup?
My wife is a quilter and color is even more critical for them.

What, if you snuggle up with one to take a nap, you'll refuse it at the last
second if the color is off a bit?

Old November 27th, 2005, 09:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

"Frank Reid" wrote

Ott light

My household has three (3) OTT lights and we love them.

BUT

I also have two similar products with good "color rendering" light output.
They were MUCH cheaper than an OTT and, TME, ( to my eye ) are every bit as
good for fine, eye stressing work such as tying.

Old November 28th, 2005, 12:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

"Larry L" wrote in message

"Frank Reid" wrote

Ott light

Larry wrote:
My household has three (3) OTT lights and we love them.
BUT
I also have two similar products with good "color rendering" light output.
They were MUCH cheaper than an OTT and, TME, ( to my eye ) are every bit
as good for fine, eye stressing work such as tying.

Hi Larry,
So . . . don't keep me in suspense. What are they?
(chea . . .er . . .inexpensive is a good thing as I "mature")
BestWishes,
DaveMohnsen
Denver

Old November 28th, 2005, 03:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

"Frank Reid" ten.tsacmoc@diersicnarf wrote in message
I would really like to try them side by side. Since the Solux bulb is so
much cheaper than the Ott, I think I may just order one.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Frank,
Will the Solux bulb work in the Ott lite fixture?

Ed

Old November 28th, 2005, 06:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

"Will the Solux bulb work in the Ott lite fixture?"

Doesn't look like it. Check 'em out at www.solux.com
Frank Reid

Old November 28th, 2005, 09:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

"Dave Mohnsen" wrote

Hi Larry,
So . . . don't keep me in suspense. What are they?
(chea . . .er . . .inexpensive is a good thing as I "mature")
BestWishes,
DaveMohnsen
Denver

Ah, they don't have any brand identification on them that I can see. I
turned one on 'side by side' with an OTT light and the OTT was noticeably
'cooler' in color but I still find them easy on the eyes and almost too
bright ( 27 watt )

I 'think' I got them from nextten.com but can't say that for sure, I got
them somewhere online and I have that site book marked G I have a OTT
designed ( poorly designed imho ) specifically for use with a fly tying vise
and I still use it right over the vise, but I wanted the surrounding area
well lit, also, so I got two floor lamps, one on each side of me. My
"tying room" is permanently setup in my travel trailer and goes with me on
fishing trips.

My eye doctor, the last time I got checked, told me that lighting was a key
factor in getting good focus as we age .... much like a camera, our depth of
field depends on iris opening ... so my personal reason for lots of good
light is really more being able to focus well, than 'color.' However, I
have taken materials from my lighting into real mid day open shade and the
colors seem the same to me ... there is far more variation in two bugs, of
the same species, caught in the same seine, than what I see in these two
lighting situations. However, incandescent light .... especially 12 volt
trailer lights ... suck and do change color perception a lot.

Old November 29th, 2005, 02:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default had

My eye doctor, the last time I got checked, told me that lighting was a key
factor in getting good focus as we age .... much like a camera, our depth of
field depends on iris opening ...

I noticed that things did not look as sharp when I was wearing my
sunglasses, although I could find no flaw in the lenses. It finally
dawned on me that since my sunglasses allowed only 15 percent of the
light to reach my eye, I had to open my "aperture" about three
"f-stops" -- e.g., from f/16 to f /5.6 -- so my lenses were not as
sharp as when stopped down.

vince
Old November 29th, 2005, 05:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Frank Reid wrote:
Okay, sure, I see it now. Critique the Ott light, get me searching,
find the Solux and boom, I'm now out touting your family business.
Sneeky. :-)

I would really like to do a side-by-side. I know that I can tie a lot
easier with an Ott light than I can with a normal light. I can even do
some work without my reading glasses.
By the way, do you mind is I quote your post over in another newsgroup?
My wife is a quilter and color is even more critical for them.
Frank Reid

Frank

yes, go ahead and quote me. I was away fishing the last few days,
Trinity River and Upper and Lower Sacramento in Northern Calif. As I
said fishing, not catching, results as the say in French, "totalament
eskonkee."

Mike
Old December 3rd, 2005, 07:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default test

Test