PDA

View Full Version : Talk about customer service!!!! Thanks Steve H

alwaysfishking
September 15th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Well today was a happy day. I went to the mailbox and got one of those...you
have a package come pick it up letters. I figured it was something I ordered
or some sort of e-bay thing. Well to my surprise it was all of my tackle and
rods I had shipped to Wisconsin.

Seems Steve, even though he just finished up the whole NWC, took the time
to send my tackle back. But that's not the amazing thing.

Last year I won a Outdoorfrontiers rod for taking second place at the NWC.
I absoulutely loved the rod, well this rod exploded one day on a buzzbait
cast right above the handle. I contacted Steve to see if he had experienced
anything like that and while I don't think I did anything to the rod,,,, I
just might have with out knowing. or one of my kids did without knowing etc
etc... Steve told me to bring it with me he would take a look at it and let
me know what he thinks happened. Well I packed it and shipped it with my
rods and wasn't expecting much. When I opened my rod tube today I found a
brand new 7 ft med /heavy St Croix baitcasting rod. Needless to say if this
is the way he takes care of people who win rods, I can only imagine what he
does for people who buy his rods. Steve, thanks again. While I don't have
any custom rods, when it's time to purchase one I know who to go to. My
scorpion is on the rod as we speak and the battery is charging, I'll be
flipping frogs into the lilly's in the a.m. Fantastic, simply fantastic.
Thanks again Steve, and for those of you who are looking to buy a custom
rod, contact Steve, you won't be sorry. I have seen his work as have most of
the regulars on here. If you want a top quality rod from a top quality
person Steve's the man!!! Ok enough... I'm going to practice pitching in the
backyard before dinner.

Randy-

Joe Haubenreich
September 16th, 2004, 12:49 AM
I'll second that, Randy.

Steve must have come into two or three defective St. Croix blanks last year
because two of mine snapped too. One was on a hookset at Okeechobee, and the
second while I was C-rig fishing a river wing dam with Ronnie near Paducah.
Steve had put many hours of work into those rods, and they looked and fished
first class. I broke the bad news to Steve, and he had me send them back to
see what he could do.

First, St. Croix stood behind their products, and they replaced the blanks
for Steve. Steve then put in many extra hours designing, setting up,
wrapping, and finishing two new rods -- a casting rod and a spinning rod
made to match my size and preferences. I gave them a tough workout in
Ontario last month, and they quickly became my "go-to" rods for walleye and
northern pike. The casting rod is perfect for spinnerbaiting, and I think
they'll give me years of excellent service. They've earned a favored place
next to my incredible Okeechobee special -- the Millennium Custom Rod that
RodMaker made for me last spring.

Joe

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message

[...]

go-bassn
September 16th, 2004, 04:09 AM
Steve not only makes the nicest rods you've ever used, he does super repair
jobs. I'm thinking of having him rewrap all my St Croix's over the winter.

Warren

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com