PDA

View Full Version : cc of a letter I sent Chris today...

go-bassn
September 27th, 2004, 05:43 PM
(Chris is fishing his first club tourney Saturday, and he happened to have
drawn the guy I'm competing against for the points title. Thought I'd give
him some advice...)

"OK, well you're fishing with the guy I'm slugging it out with for the
points title this year, so let me give you some pointers:

1) Cross & tangle his line every chance you get.

2) Ask him like 20,000 questions during the course of the day. Anything to
break his concentration.

3) throw your lures repeatedly into as many trees/snags as you can, then ask
Mike if he'll be nice enough to retreive them for ya.

4) If he yells "Get the net!" at any point, pretend at first that you don't
hear him & then that you don't know where the net is.

5) If he "backseats" you, just jump up on his casting deck & say "You don't
mind if I fish up here too, do ya?"

6) If he puts any bass in the livewell, quietly remove & release his fish
when he's not looking.

7) If he asks you what time it is in the latter part of the day, subtract 1
hour from the actual time.

Oh, THANKS!

Warren"

Bob Rickard
September 27th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Seems reasonable to me.

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> (Chris is fishing his first club tourney Saturday, and he happened to have
> drawn the guy I'm competing against for the points title. Thought I'd
give
> him some advice...)
>
> "OK, well you're fishing with the guy I'm slugging it out with for the
> points title this year, so let me give you some pointers:
>
> 1) Cross & tangle his line every chance you get.
>
> 2) Ask him like 20,000 questions during the course of the day. Anything
> break his concentration.
>
> 3) throw your lures repeatedly into as many trees/snags as you can, then
ask
> Mike if he'll be nice enough to retreive them for ya.
>
> 4) If he yells "Get the net!" at any point, pretend at first that you
don't
> hear him & then that you don't know where the net is.
>
> 5) If he "backseats" you, just jump up on his casting deck & say "You
don't
> mind if I fish up here too, do ya?"
>
> 6) If he puts any bass in the livewell, quietly remove & release his fish
> when he's not looking.
>
> 7) If he asks you what time it is in the latter part of the day, subtract
1
> hour from the actual time.
>
> Oh, THANKS!
>
> Warren"

Bob Rickard
September 27th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Seems reasonable to me.

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> (Chris is fishing his first club tourney Saturday, and he happened to have
> drawn the guy I'm competing against for the points title. Thought I'd
give
> him some advice...)
>
> "OK, well you're fishing with the guy I'm slugging it out with for the
> points title this year, so let me give you some pointers:
>
> 1) Cross & tangle his line every chance you get.
>
> 2) Ask him like 20,000 questions during the course of the day. Anything
> break his concentration.
>
> 3) throw your lures repeatedly into as many trees/snags as you can, then
ask
> Mike if he'll be nice enough to retreive them for ya.
>
> 4) If he yells "Get the net!" at any point, pretend at first that you
don't
> hear him & then that you don't know where the net is.
>
> 5) If he "backseats" you, just jump up on his casting deck & say "You
don't
> mind if I fish up here too, do ya?"
>
> 6) If he puts any bass in the livewell, quietly remove & release his fish
> when he's not looking.
>
> 7) If he asks you what time it is in the latter part of the day, subtract
1
> hour from the actual time.
>
> Oh, THANKS!
>
> Warren"

go-bassn
September 27th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Don't want the poor boy to feel lost out there, right?

WW ;-)

"Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
m...
> Seems reasonable to me.
>
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > (Chris is fishing his first club tourney Saturday, and he happened to
have
> > drawn the guy I'm competing against for the points title. Thought I'd
> give
> > him some advice...)
> >
> > "OK, well you're fishing with the guy I'm slugging it out with for the
> > points title this year, so let me give you some pointers:
> >
> > 1) Cross & tangle his line every chance you get.
> >
> > 2) Ask him like 20,000 questions during the course of the day. Anything
> > break his concentration.
> >
> > 3) throw your lures repeatedly into as many trees/snags as you can, then
> ask
> > Mike if he'll be nice enough to retreive them for ya.
> >
> > 4) If he yells "Get the net!" at any point, pretend at first that you
> don't
> > hear him & then that you don't know where the net is.
> >
> > 5) If he "backseats" you, just jump up on his casting deck & say "You
> don't
> > mind if I fish up here too, do ya?"
> >
> > 6) If he puts any bass in the livewell, quietly remove & release his
fish
> > when he's not looking.
> >
> > 7) If he asks you what time it is in the latter part of the day,
subtract
> 1
> > hour from the actual time.
> >
> > Oh, THANKS!
> >
> > Warren"

Christopher P. Cericola
September 27th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Here was my response to this:
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
< 3) throw your lures repeatedly into as many trees/snags as you can, then
ask Mike if he'll be nice enough to retreive them for ya. >

Throwing lues in trees is my specialtity..ask Randy.

< 4) If he yells "Get the net!" at any point, pretend at first that you
don't hear him & then that you don't know where the net is. >

And what's a net!?! I get razzed for lipping with a boga grip and ya'll use
nets!?! :)

I'll make sure to print this out to show to Mike...

Christopher

go-bassn
September 27th, 2004, 06:46 PM
lmao, of course! I forgot one:

*Every hour or so, say "I'll bet Warren's catchin em..."

Mike'sa great fisherman, you should have fun.

Warren ;-)

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
roups.com...
> Here was my response to this:
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> < 3) throw your lures repeatedly into as many trees/snags as you can, then
> ask Mike if he'll be nice enough to retreive them for ya. >
>
> Throwing lues in trees is my specialtity..ask Randy.
>
> < 4) If he yells "Get the net!" at any point, pretend at first that you
> don't hear him & then that you don't know where the net is. >
>
> And what's a net!?! I get razzed for lipping with a boga grip and ya'll
use
> nets!?! :)
>
> I'll make sure to print this out to show to Mike...
>
> Christopher

alwaysfishking
September 27th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Chris can cast a lure further into the woods then anyone I have ever fished
with.. and no real men don't fish with nets. Stick with what Warren said,
when Mike asks for the net simply reply.. Warren would not like that... :-)

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> lmao, of course! I forgot one:
>
> *Every hour or so, say "I'll bet Warren's catchin em..."
>
> Mike'sa great fisherman, you should have fun.
>
> Warren ;-)
>

> "Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
> roups.com...
> > Here was my response to this:
> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > < 3) throw your lures repeatedly into as many trees/snags as you can,
then
> > ask Mike if he'll be nice enough to retreive them for ya. >
> >
> > Throwing lues in trees is my specialtity..ask Randy.
> >
> > < 4) If he yells "Get the net!" at any point, pretend at first that you
> > don't hear him & then that you don't know where the net is. >
> >
> > And what's a net!?! I get razzed for lipping with a boga grip and ya'll
> use
> > nets!?! :)
> >
> > I'll make sure to print this out to show to Mike...
> >
> > Christopher

Thundercat
September 28th, 2004, 12:17 AM
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:28:53 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
> wrote:

>Chris can cast a lure further into the woods then anyone I have ever fished
>with..

Hath thy Christoph dethroneth me? 'Twas once written that thee Cat of
Thunder shall forever be knownst as the Lord of the Branch. Am I no
more? Say it isn't so...

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 28th, 2004, 12:48 AM
ROFLMAO !!!!

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:28:53 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
> > wrote:
>
> >Chris can cast a lure further into the woods then anyone I have ever
fished
> >with..
>
> Hath thy Christoph dethroneth me? 'Twas once written that thee Cat of
> Thunder shall forever be knownst as the Lord of the Branch. Am I no
> more? Say it isn't so...
>
> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

RichZ
September 28th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Or better yet, he could stay home and send al as a proxy partner.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Christopher P. Cericola
September 28th, 2004, 01:49 AM
"Thundercat" > wrote in message
< Say it isn't so... >

Until you can put a rattle trap about 100ft past two trees and stick it in
the 3rd..you're but a mere amateur..

Christopher

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
September 28th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Targeting Leaf Fish ?

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
roups.com...

> "Thundercat" > wrote in message
> < Say it isn't so... >
>
> Until you can put a rattle trap about 100ft past two trees and stick it in
> the 3rd..you're but a mere amateur..
>
> Christopher

go-bassn
September 28th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Lets let the Tri-State Bassmasters be thy judge Lord Cat.

Warren lmao

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:28:53 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
> > wrote:
>
> >Chris can cast a lure further into the woods then anyone I have ever
fished
> >with..
>
> Hath thy Christoph dethroneth me? 'Twas once written that thee Cat of
> Thunder shall forever be knownst as the Lord of the Branch. Am I no
> more? Say it isn't so...
>
> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

alwaysfishking
September 28th, 2004, 08:28 AM
The man don't lie. and remember there ain;t nothin wrong with cornbread

"Christopher P. Cericola" > wrote in message
roups.com...

> "Thundercat" > wrote in message
> < Say it isn't so... >
>
> Until you can put a rattle trap about 100ft past two trees and stick it in
> the 3rd..you're but a mere amateur..
>
> Christopher

alwaysfishking
September 28th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Looks like the river will be a bit muddy for this event.. big spinnerbaits
and jigs would be my guess

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Or better yet, he could stay home and send al as a proxy partner.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

go-bassn
September 28th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Randy, have you ever been on the Delaware?

Warren

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> Looks like the river will be a bit muddy for this event.. big spinnerbaits
> and jigs would be my guess
>

> "RichZ" > wrote in message
> > Or better yet, he could stay home and send al as a proxy partner.
> >
> > RichZ©
> > www.richz.com/fishing

alwaysfishking
September 28th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Yup, not a lot and been a while... but yup

Did a lot of bank fishing on the Delaware over the years
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Randy, have you ever been on the Delaware?
>
> Warren
>
> "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> > Looks like the river will be a bit muddy for this event.. big
spinnerbaits
> > and jigs would be my guess
> >

> > "RichZ" > wrote in message
> > > Or better yet, he could stay home and send al as a proxy partner.
> > >
> > > RichZ©
> > > www.richz.com/fishing

go-bassn
September 29th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Oh, cool.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> Yup, not a lot and been a while... but yup
>
> Did a lot of bank fishing on the Delaware over the years
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > Randy, have you ever been on the Delaware?
> >
> > Warren
> >
> > "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> > > Looks like the river will be a bit muddy for this event.. big
> spinnerbaits
> > > and jigs would be my guess

alwaysfishking
September 29th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Most of my fishing on the river has been up North, near Worthington park and
the recreation area's. Also fished quite a bit on the RT 46 side in NJ.
Occasionally out of Allentown but that was mostly shad with my brother years
ago.. That was always fun..I should do that again

--
A&A National Fishing Team
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Oh, cool.
>
> Warren
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>

> "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> > Yup, not a lot and been a while... but yup
> >
> > Did a lot of bank fishing on the Delaware over the years
> > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > > Randy, have you ever been on the Delaware?
> > >
> > > Warren

> > spinnerbaits

go-bassn
September 29th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Ah, the nontidewater. Whole different fishery below Trenton...

WW
"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> Most of my fishing on the river has been up North, near Worthington park
and
> the recreation area's. Also fished quite a bit on the RT 46 side in NJ.
> Occasionally out of Allentown but that was mostly shad with my brother
years
> ago.. That was always fun..I should do that again
>
> --
> A&A National Fishing Team
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > Oh, cool.
> >
> > Warren
> > --
> > http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> > http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> > 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
> >

> > "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> > > Yup, not a lot and been a while... but yup
> > >
> > > Did a lot of bank fishing on the Delaware over the years

> > > spinnerbaits

go-bassn
September 29th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Ah, the nontidewater. Whole different fishery below Trenton...

WW
"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> Most of my fishing on the river has been up North, near Worthington park
and
> the recreation area's. Also fished quite a bit on the RT 46 side in NJ.
> Occasionally out of Allentown but that was mostly shad with my brother
years
> ago.. That was always fun..I should do that again
>
> --
> A&A National Fishing Team
> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > Oh, cool.
> >
> > Warren
> > --
> > http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> > http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> > 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
> >

> > "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
> > > Yup, not a lot and been a while... but yup
> > >
> > > Did a lot of bank fishing on the Delaware over the years

> > > spinnerbaits

William Barger
October 1st, 2004, 05:44 AM
Sounds like good sound advice. : ) Bill

go-bassn
October 1st, 2004, 10:51 PM
I actually read it to the guy Chris is fishing with, he lhao...

Warren

"William Barger" > wrote in message
> Sounds like good sound advice. : ) Bill

go-bassn
October 1st, 2004, 10:51 PM
I actually read it to the guy Chris is fishing with, he lhao...

Warren

"William Barger" > wrote in message
> Sounds like good sound advice. : ) Bill

Christopher P. Cericola
October 2nd, 2004, 01:56 AM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
< I actually read it to the guy Chris is fishing with, he lhao... >

Damn, I was gonna print it out for him... So is 4-liters of water too much?
:)

Christopher