PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Western Conclave

Warren
October 17th, 2003, 02:29 PM
First of all, let me apologize for screwing the pooch somehow. For some reason
my original post went to ROFFT instead of ROFF so forgive me for the "re-post".
Thanks Tripper for pointing it out. I would have missed it had you not pointed
it out.

RE-POST:
>Okay guys, mark your calendars because July 10-17 (a Saturday through Saturday
>affair with the Friday before and the Sunday after being optional) will mark
>ROFF's return to the Madison for the 4th Western Conclave. The area I am
>throwing this in is the Upper Madison since the crowds aren't as bad, the
>scenery is better and it will keep everyone together in a small stretch.
There
>are two FS campground right across the road from a cabin rental place about
>four miles upstream from the Slide Inn, which would be a good place to rent a
>nice cabin or hook an RV up at.
>
>I'll add more info later after doing some more research on accommodations. I
>can't remember the name of the place across from the campgrounds, but the
Slide
>Inn is a nicer spot IMO. The guy who owns it is a kick ass fisherman and
gives
>damn good advice out of his fly shop there at the Slide Inn. The cabins look
>nicer and they have a large cabin that would be great for 3-5 guys to rent
>together. I'll try to get up there in the next week or so to take some pics
of
>the rooms at both places, the campground, the area, etc.
>
>Areas to be fished range from what will be open in the Park (about a 20 minute
>drive) to the Upper Madison, Gallatin, Henry's Fork, Hegben Lake, etc. It's
>pretty damn close to that nice brookie spot I took some of the people to
during
>the HF clave where we caught some big brookies. I know we will have at least
>one boat for float trips. As I said, I'll post more in the next week or so.

For some reason I have been more concerned lately with the bugling elk in my
yard than with fishing. The blood is set to flow and I'm ready to go! The
damn elk are getting so horny that I was able to bugle an elk with a goose call
last night while BBQing on my back porch. My current problem is whether to
stay home and scout out the elk some more or to go up north and chase more
grouse and pheasant this weekend. Ain't life a bitch?!?!?! The sad part is
that I am starting to hear rumors of good fishing and so I am kind of torn
between the three (birds/fish/elk). What bothers me more is that I have had
two job interviews this week and I am pretty sure that I will get both jobs,
which means that I may actually be employed during hunting season. I did make
it perfectly clear that I want the whole summer off so that RW and I can win
the "Troutbum Contest" though. The scary part is that it didn't seem to be a
problem......<g>
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Tim J.
October 17th, 2003, 02:49 PM
"Warren" wrote...
> I did make
> it perfectly clear that I want the whole summer off so that RW and I can win
> the "Troutbum Contest" though.

I've made that clear to my employers several times. After the laughter dies
down, I find myself with the same number of days off as the previous year.

Good luck with the jobs, Warren.
--
TL,
Tim

Jeff Taylor
October 17th, 2003, 03:46 PM
"Warren" > wrote in message

> >ROFF's return to the Madison for the 4th Western Conclave.

What is the closest city/town to this clave?

Good luck with your hunting decision, I'd break out the goose call... :)

Jeff T.

Mark Anderson
October 17th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Greetings Warren & Group:

"Warren" > wrote in message
<snip>
> RE-POST:
> >Okay guys, mark your calendars because July 10-17 (a Saturday through
Saturday
> >affair with the Friday before and the Sunday after being optional) will
mark
> >ROFF's return to the Madison for the 4th Western Conclave.
<snip>

Ya know what? I can probably attend this one, 'cause I'll be
r-e-t-i-r-e-d!
Thanks for scouting all this stuff out, Warren. Are those FS campgrounds
generally full that time of year? I have a little pop-up trailer I wouldn't
mind hauling up there from here (northern CA). Maybe if I came a day or two
early, (before the weekend), getting a spot would be easier?
I'm looking forward to (finally) meeting & fishing with you folks...
Cheers, and tight lines.
-Mark

Kevin Vang
October 17th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Warren wrote:

> RE-POST:
>
>>Okay guys, mark your calendars because July 10-17 (a Saturday through Saturday
>>affair with the Friday before and the Sunday after being optional) will mark
>>ROFF's return to the Madison for the 4th Western Conclave.

Warren, you evil rat-bastid sumnabeech, this will be the second year
in a row that the Western Clave happens two and a half weeks too early
for me to come. Not that everybody should change their plans for me
or anything, but if it were later, I would brew up a few kegs of
comeraderie for the occasion...

> There
>>are two FS campground right across the road from a cabin rental place about
>>four miles upstream from the Slide Inn, which would be a good place to rent a
>>nice cabin or hook an RV up at.
>>
>>I'll add more info later after doing some more research on accommodations. I
>>can't remember the name of the place across from the campgrounds, but the

If you are talking about the Beaver Creek campground, which I think
you are, that will be a great place for Clave Central. It's one of
our favorite places to camp. Lots of tall pine trees, so it's
usually cool and shady, and it overlooks Quake Lake. I never catch
much in QL, but it's fun to paddle around in the float tube and
watch the ospreys fishing. It fills up pretty good on the weekends,
but is mostly empty during the week. Folks might want to make sure
they arrive early on Friday if they want a good spot. The place
down the road is called Campfire Lodge. Also, if people are too
cheap to pay for the FS campground, they can drive up the Beaver
Creek road (a nice cutt stream, btw), people just set up camp
willy-nilly all over the place.

Kevin

Tim Lysyk
October 18th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Hey Warren:

What city in Montana is this close to? (Too lazy to look it up myself, I
guess).

Tim Lysyk
timlysyk at telus dot net

"Warren" > wrote in message
> [...]
is
> that I am starting to hear rumors of good fishing and so I am kind of torn
> between the three (birds/fish/elk). What bothers me more is that I have
had
> two job interviews this week and I am pretty sure that I will get both
jobs,
> which means that I may actually be employed during hunting season. I did
make
> it perfectly clear that I want the whole summer off so that RW and I can
win
> the "Troutbum Contest" though. The scary part is that it didn't seem to
be a
> problem......<g>
> --
> Warren
> (use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Ken Fortenberry
October 18th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Tim Lysyk wrote:

> What city in Montana is this close to? (Too lazy to look it up myself, I
> guess).

There are no cities in Montana. The closest "town" is West Yellowstone
but it would be better described as an open sewer with a McDonalds.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Charlie Choc
October 18th, 2003, 12:29 AM
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:17:17 GMT, "Tim Lysyk"
> wrote:

>Hey Warren:
>
>What city in Montana is this close to? (Too lazy to look it up myself, I
>guess).

The Slide Inn web page has information on airports if that's what
you're looking for: http://www.slideinn.com/travel.htm.
--
Charlie...

Tim Lysyk
October 18th, 2003, 12:44 AM
Thanks Charlie. It looks about a 6 - 8 hour drive from where I am.

Tim Lysyk
timlysyk at telus dot net

"Charlie Choc" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:17:17 GMT, "Tim Lysyk"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hey Warren:
> >
> >What city in Montana is this close to? (Too lazy to look it up myself, I
> >guess).
> >
> The Slide Inn web page has information on airports if that's what
> you're looking for: http://www.slideinn.com/travel.htm.
> --
> Charlie...

Tim Lysyk
October 18th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Depends on what you call a city I suppose. At one time, the city of Great
Falls was quite a popular shopping destination for people from our town. Of
course, that was back when our dollar was worth about 85 cents. Looks like
it would be a pretty easy drive to the clave for me. Have to seriously think
about attending, and taking part in some western camaraderie.

Tim Lysyk
timlysyk at telus dot net

"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
.com...
> There are no cities in Montana. The closest "town" is West Yellowstone
> but it would be better described as an open sewer with a McDonalds.
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

Warren
October 18th, 2003, 01:25 AM
wrote...
> What is the closest city/town to this clave?

The closest city to fly into would be Bozeman, about 90 miles away. West
Yellowstone is about 20 miles or so away from Clave Central and Ennis is about
40 miles away.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Warren
October 18th, 2003, 01:30 AM
wrote...
> Ya know what? I can probably attend this one, 'cause I'll be
> r-e-t-i-r-e-d!

You lucky bastid!

> Thanks for scouting all this stuff out, Warren. Are those FS campgrounds
> generally full that time of year? I have a little pop-up trailer I wouldn't
> mind hauling up there from here (northern CA). Maybe if I came a day or two
> early, (before the weekend), getting a spot would be easier?

I doubt finding a spot would be a problem. I rarely see more than a couple of
people using it at a time. I'll be up there early to snag some spots though.

> I'm looking forward to (finally) meeting & fishing with you folks...

Look forward to seeing you there.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Danl
October 18th, 2003, 01:35 AM
"Warren" > wrote in message
:
> >Okay guys, mark your calendars because July 10-17 (a Saturday through
Saturday
> >affair with the Friday before and the Sunday after being optional) will
mark
> >ROFF's return to the Madison for the 4th Western Conclave. The area I am
> >throwing this in is the Upper Madison since the crowds aren't as bad, the
> >scenery is better and it will keep everyone together in a small stretch.

Warren, is there any EFFEN way to get these here Western Claves further away
from me than you already have and still be in the Western States? I swear by
each and every Tiny Turgid Nipple of the Nine Naughty Nieces of
Nebbahchenezzur that you must plot these damn things to be at the absolute
extreme distance for your humble correspondent! I can only hope that there
aren't any more "Rustic Cabins" for rent in the area. Them damn Montana
Double Buck-Toothed Night-Gnawing Rats bout done me in at Rock Crick.

> There
> >are two FS campground right across the road from a cabin rental place
about
> >four miles upstream from the Slide Inn, which would be a good place to
rent a
> >nice cabin or hook an RV up at.

Uh-oh!

> >I'll add more info later after doing some more research on
accommodations. I
> >can't remember the name of the place across from the campgrounds, but the
> Slide
> >Inn is a nicer spot IMO. The guy who owns it is a kick ass fisherman and
> gives
> >damn good advice out of his fly shop there at the Slide Inn. The cabins
look
> >nicer and they have a large cabin that would be great for 3-5 guys to
rent
> >together. I'll try to get up there in the next week or so to take some
pics
> of
> >the rooms at both places, the campground, the area, etc.

Be sure to get a census on the rodentia population.

> >Areas to be fished range from what will be open in the Park (about a 20
minute
> >drive) to the Upper Madison, Gallatin, Henry's Fork, Hegben Lake, etc.
It's
> >pretty damn close to that nice brookie spot I took some of the people to
> during
> >the HF clave where we caught some big brookies. I know we will have at
least
> >one boat for float trips. As I said, I'll post more in the next week or
so.

> For some reason I have been more concerned lately with the bugling elk in
my
> yard than with fishing. The blood is set to flow and I'm ready to go!
The
> damn elk are getting so horny that I was able to bugle an elk with a goose
call
> last night while BBQing on my back porch.

Yeah, you and that damn elk go bugle each other. Happy Hunting.

Danl, the Road Weary

Warren
October 18th, 2003, 01:36 AM
wrote...
> Thanks Charlie. It looks about a 6 - 8 hour drive from where I am.

That's not too bad at all. Hopefully you will be able to swing on down.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

rw
October 18th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> Tim Lysyk wrote:
>

>> What city in Montana is this close to? (Too lazy to look it up myself, I
>> guess).
>

> There are no cities in Montana. The closest "town" is West Yellowstone
> but it would be better described as an open sewer with a McDonalds.

I'd agree that West Yellowstone is a gross-out tourist crapola town,
although they do have some very fine flyshops.

Idaho Falls might be the best place to fly into. I could go through
Idaho Falls on my way to the Clave and pick up one or two people at the
airport.

Can we expect Yellowstone Kenny to grace us with his munificent presence?

Lat705
October 18th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Warren
Count Tom and I in for at least part. The actual days depend on how many
weekends our Kitchen Passes include.

Lou T

Charlie Choc
October 18th, 2003, 12:22 PM
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:30:14 -0600, Warren > wrote:

>I doubt finding a spot would be a problem. I rarely see more than a couple of
>people using it at a time. I'll be up there early to snag some spots though.

Count me in, Warren. I'll probably be there early too assuming I drive
out again.
--
Charlie...

Tim Lysyk
October 18th, 2003, 03:51 PM
It's on the calendar. I am going to try to make it this year. Right now, I
see no obstacles, and I am having a hard time envisioning any that will
interfere. I will bring a small pontoon boat, float tubes if needed, and
they do sell Sleeman's in Alberta now. Although, personally, I think it is
okay but much prefer a Big Rock or Rickard's Red. How much beer can you
bring across the border?

Tim Lysyk
timlysyk at telus dot net

"Warren" > wrote in message
> wrote...
> > Thanks Charlie. It looks about a 6 - 8 hour drive from where I am.
>
> That's not too bad at all. Hopefully you will be able to swing on down.
> --
> Warren
> (use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Jeff Miller
October 18th, 2003, 06:14 PM
warren - tried to send this to you e-mail, but it got bounced with note
saying you wanted to remain "private" and not receive e-mail...

i thought you were thinking absaroka area for 2004? anyway, i'll be
looking for a cabin or room with essentials (hot water, shower, bed,
etc.) if you get a chance, take a look at this place on cliff lake -

http://www.wedgeretreat.com/

if i can get at least 3 others, the $295 per night 4 bedroom cabins
would work. it doesn't have rv sites (that's good, imo), and seems to be
in a good location. if you find other places, let me know.

hope all is well with you and your daughter. what kind of work are you
getting?

jeff

Warren wrote:

Charlie Choc
October 18th, 2003, 06:26 PM
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:14:40 -0400, Jeff Miller
> wrote:

>warren - tried to send this to you e-mail, but it got bounced with note
>saying you wanted to remain "private" and not receive e-mail...
>

>i thought you were thinking absaroka area for 2004? anyway, i'll be
>looking for a cabin or room with essentials (hot water, shower, bed,
>etc.)

Warren has a pretty big tent, maybe he'd rent you a room.
--
Charlie...

Ernie
October 18th, 2003, 08:44 PM
I spent a summer in the town of Absoroke in 1939 and went with my uncle into
the Absoroka Mountains where he core drilled for ore samples. It was near a
ranch called Moat's (sp) and I remember there was a dude ranch near by. A
small river called the Stillwater ran through the area. Beautiful country.

"Jeff Miller" > wrote in message
> i thought you were thinking absaroka area for 2004? anyway, i'll be
> looking for a cabin or room with essentials (hot water, shower, bed,
> etc.) if you get a chance, take a look at this place on cliff lake -
> http://www.wedgeretreat.com/

Warren
October 18th, 2003, 09:17 PM
wrote...
> Warren has a pretty big tent, maybe he'd rent you a room.

Keep up with the advertising and I might have to buy a bigger one to
accommodate everyone..... <g>
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Warren
October 18th, 2003, 09:37 PM
wrote...
> warren - tried to send this to you e-mail, but it got bounced with note
> saying you wanted to remain "private" and not receive e-mail...

See my sig line. I have my email set to to throw off the
spammers.

> i thought you were thinking absaroka area for 2004? anyway, i'll be
> looking for a cabin or room with essentials (hot water, shower, bed,
> etc.) if you get a chance, take a look at this place on cliff lake -

Maybe for 2005. <g> Actually, Lou and I talked about where to have the clave
while he was here this summer. Having it in this area will open up everything
from the Henry's Fork to the Park to the Madison. We can even go fish that
nice little stream we fished for our last day of the HF Clave again. Unless we
get decent amounts of snow this winter, water levels will probably be another
issue next summer so I had to kind of hedge my bet.

> http://www.wedgeretreat.com/

> if i can get at least 3 others, the $295 per night 4 bedroom cabins
> would work. it doesn't have rv sites (that's good, imo), and seems to be
> in a good location. if you find other places, let me know.

Hold up on any reservations. I will be making a scouting run over there
probably tomorrow if I can talk my friend into a float trip. I'll try to swing
over to this other place to give it a look. You also might want to consider
The Slide Inn which would be much closer to Clave Central. They don't have any
four room cabins, but they have plenty of smaller cabins and a "duplex" cabin.

http://www.slideinn.com/

> hope all is well with you and your daughter. what kind of work are you
> getting?

The youngin' is doing well and I'll have her next weekend. A friend referred
me to a guy who does spray insulation work and is in desperate need of good
help. I hear he pays well and if I play my cards right could be running a crew
instead of working on a crew in a very short time. The other job is more
construction work so I will check both out and take the best. Just need
something to last me until I get back into school for that training program.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Warren
October 18th, 2003, 09:42 PM
wrote...
> Warren, is there any EFFEN way to get these here Western Claves further away
> from me than you already have and still be in the Western States? I swear by
> each and every Tiny Turgid Nipple of the Nine Naughty Nieces of
> Nebbahchenezzur that you must plot these damn things to be at the absolute
> extreme distance for your humble correspondent! I can only hope that there
> aren't any more "Rustic Cabins" for rent in the area. Them damn Montana
> Double Buck-Toothed Night-Gnawing Rats bout done me in at Rock Crick.

Hey, I try my best. ;-)

> Uh-oh!

Be afraid.....very afraid.

> Be sure to get a census on the rodentia population.

Well, you know how them critters like nuts.....

> Yeah, you and that damn elk go bugle each other. Happy Hunting.

8 more days until the season opener. :-( It's fun scouting them out though.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Warren
October 18th, 2003, 09:43 PM
wrote...
> It's on the calendar. I am going to try to make it this year. Right now, I
> see no obstacles, and I am having a hard time envisioning any that will
> interfere. I will bring a small pontoon boat, float tubes if needed, and
> they do sell Sleeman's in Alberta now. Although, personally, I think it is
> okay but much prefer a Big Rock or Rickard's Red. How much beer can you
> bring across the border?

Glad to hear it. I'm not sure on how much beer you can bring across the
border. We'll have to make sure RW and Danl brew up a few kegs again this year
to help out. ;-)
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

walt winter
October 18th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Warren wrote:
> wrote...
>
>>warren - tried to send this to you e-mail, but it got bounced with note
>>saying you wanted to remain "private" and not receive e-mail...
>

> See my sig line. I have my email set to to throw off the
> spammers.

did ya get the one i sent ya last night?

--wally

Warren
October 18th, 2003, 10:19 PM
wrote...
> did ya get the one i sent ya last night?

Hey, I thought that was supposed to be a secret!?!?!?! <bseg>
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Lat705
October 19th, 2003, 01:05 AM
Is that internaly or externaly? I think I'll bring some "Mexican
Amereta"-(Almond flavored Tequila)` to add to Warren's education in strange
alcoholic beverages after his comments about aquaveit..

Warren
October 19th, 2003, 02:50 AM
wrote...
> Is that internaly or externaly? I think I'll bring some "Mexican
> Amereta"-(Almond flavored Tequila)` to add to Warren's education in strange
> alcoholic beverages after his comments about aquaveit..

Oh God, I can't wait. . . . :-( So much for just keeping it simple with good
bourbon and scotch......
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

walt winter
October 19th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Warren wrote:
> wrote...
>
>>did ya get the one i sent ya last night?
>

> Hey, I thought that was supposed to be a secret!?!?!?! <bseg>

damn, fergot 'bout that.

wally

riverman
October 19th, 2003, 01:36 PM
"walt winter" > wrote in message
> Warren wrote:
> > wrote...
> >
> >>did ya get the one i sent ya last night?
> >

> > Hey, I thought that was supposed to be a secret!?!?!?! <bseg>
>
> damn, fergot 'bout that.

Hey, <I'LL> never tell.

--riverman
(really)

bruiser
October 20th, 2003, 05:30 AM
Warren,

That's a great area. I'm about 75% for a campsite.

Thanks, bruce h

Kevin Vang
October 20th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Warren wrote:
> wrote...
>
>>i thought you were thinking absaroka area for 2004?
>

> Maybe for 2005. <g>

And since, I would be willing to wager, that I have fished
the Absarokee area more than anyone else on roff, that you
wouldn't dare start the 2005 clave sooner than the last
weekend in July, would you?

Kevin,
who doesn't want to wait until retirement to clave again.

Warren
October 20th, 2003, 08:11 PM
wrote...
> Warren wrote:
> > wrote...
> >
> >>i thought you were thinking absaroka area for 2004?
> >

> > Maybe for 2005. <g>
>

> And since, I would be willing to wager, that I have fished
> the Absarokee area more than anyone else on roff, that you
> wouldn't dare start the 2005 clave sooner than the last
> weekend in July, would you?
>
> Kevin,
> who doesn't want to wait until retirement to clave again.

What dates *are* good for you? End of July to when? First of August? ;-)
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Warren
October 20th, 2003, 08:33 PM
On a side note, I floated the Upper Madison yesterday. My friend and I stopped
in at the Slide Inn. Kelly, the owner, says he is booked in July years in
advance. He has a steady following of people who have been going there for
many, many years that book the place every year during that time. He was
already booked for July the first year he took over the place and says it is
his busiest month. He jokingly told me to reschedule this thing for September
so that he could accommodate everyone. He did think that he would still have
RV spots open though, but a reservation for one of those might be a good idea
too.

I jotted down a few names and a phone # when possible of other places nearby as
we drove along the river. I didn't get a chance to go check out the place
across from the campgrounds but may do that this weekend with my daughter. The
next closest was Howlin' Mad Moon Resorts - Cabins, RV Park, Restaurant and
"full bar" at (406) 682-7935. Next was Madison River Cabins & RV Park right
next to the Grizzly Bar & Grill and "The Bend" fly shop. Haven't found a ph#
yet. Then there was West Fork Cabins & RV Park at (406) 682-4802. I'll be
going back soon to look for more and find some other places.

As far as the fishing went, well it went. My friend drove and so I rowed all
day and fished a little here and there. The wind was blowing pretty steady for
much of the day and we didn't have a shuttle so I brought a bike along. Note
to self: do not bring bike ever again. It seemed like 95% of the ride back was
uphill and into the wind. I probably could have hitch hiked back quicker.
What was thought to be about a 6 mile ride was more like 8.5 miles and took
over an hour. Fish were caught and a few beers were had, but I didn't get home
until 10:45 last night and had to put stuff away, clean the boat, etc and then
get up this morning at 6 am for a job interview. The good news is that I start
work tomorrow morning. The bad news is that I have to be there at 6:45 in the
morning. YUCK!

I need a nap......
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Tim J.
October 20th, 2003, 08:42 PM
"Warren" wrote...
<snip>
> The good news is that I start
> work tomorrow morning.

Congrats! . . .

> The bad news is that I have to be there at 6:45 in the
> morning. YUCK!

.. . . I think.
--
TL,
Tim

Kevin Vang
October 20th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Warren wrote:

> What dates *are* good for you? End of July to when? First of August? ;-)

End of July through the third weekend in August. Also, the weekend
before Christmas until the weekend after New Year's Day, and the
second weekend in May through the last. The academic calendar is
nothing if not predictable. :(

So when are you going to come and catch some pike?

Kevin

Warren
October 20th, 2003, 08:46 PM
wrote...
> Warren wrote:
> >
> > What dates *are* good for you? End of July to when? First of August? ;-)
>
> End of July through the third weekend in August. Also, the weekend
> before Christmas until the weekend after New Year's Day, and the
> second weekend in May through the last. The academic calendar is
> nothing if not predictable. :(

I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time around.

> So when are you going to come and catch some pike?

Wish I knew......
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Willi
October 20th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

> Tim Lysyk wrote:
>

>> What city in Montana is this close to? (Too lazy to look it up myself, I
>> guess).
>

> There are no cities in Montana. The closest "town" is West Yellowstone
> but it would be better described as an open sewer with a McDonalds.

Like cosmopolitan Champaign/Urbana is a better place to live?

Willi

Lat705
October 20th, 2003, 11:40 PM
You cleaned the boat? Sorry I could not help it.

Lou T

Darin Minor
October 21st, 2003, 03:39 AM
Warren wrote:

> The good news is that I start work tomorrow morning. The bad news is that I
> have to be there at 6:45 in the morning. YUCK!
>
> I need a nap......
> --
> Warren
> (use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Congratulations on the job. I guess your sleeping in days are over <BSEG>

Darin

Warren
October 21st, 2003, 05:03 AM
wrote...
> You cleaned the boat? Sorry I could not help it.

Yeah, actually had someone who was going to help instead of just riding in it
all day and making it a mess. <bseg>
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Warren
October 21st, 2003, 05:34 AM
Here are some links I found that might be of interest to those not wanting to
camp during the conclave. I'll try and get some more soon.

http://www.wfork.com/
http://www.madmoonresort.com/
http://www.wadelake.com/

Here is a map of the area that might be useful.
http://www.wadelake.com/area.html

If you are interested, check out Madison River Fishing Company. If you order
one of their catalogs, they will send you a river map/hatch chart and a motel
list too. Just check the boxes for what you want. It is all free.

http://www.mrfc.com/MrfcCatalogReq.htm