PDA

View Full Version : Eureka! was Floating Materials

Peter Charles
February 1st, 2004, 10:55 PM
A short while ago, I was ready to go postal, now I'm grinning like the
Cheshire Cat.

Talk about bi-polar fly tying . . .

I've been getting increasingly ****ed off with my inability to produce
a worthwhile, meniscus floating, golden, translucent, butt hanging
down, humbacked, legs tucked, ginger coloured, tan bodied, Hydropsyche
caddis emerger.

After mucking about with snowshoe hare, various synthetics, etc. I
found that none floated well. I tied up a bunch and they all sank.
They all had an opaque appearance that wouldn't do a decent job of
mimicking a drifting, translucent pupa. In a moment of desparation, I
tried some natural red squirrel tail in the sink and low 'n' behold --
the damn **** floated. The colour is about right so on the hook it
goes.

I stack the hair, tie it on a #18 200 R with 14/0 primrose, leaving
about 5/8" to 3/4" sticking beyond the hook as a "tail". The body
section of the squirrel hair is well covered with thread to form the
tan body. When the light yellow thread gets wet, it darkens down to a
tan. This tail then gets folded forward and tied off. This humps the
squirrel tail over the thread body in a reaslitic profile and colour
arrangement (dark over light). The tips of the hairs are at this
point, sticking forward -- these are then swept under and tied off to
simulate the tucked under legs. Then tie a loop of ginger CDC on top
and . . .

TADA!!

My best ever meniscus floating, golden, translucent, butt hanging
down, humbacked, legs tucked, ginger coloured, tan bodied, Hydropsyche
caddis emerger.

http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/caddisemerger.jpg

Ya, I know the eye is a little crowded but the fish won't give a damn.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Willi
February 1st, 2004, 11:54 PM
Peter Charles wrote:

> A short while ago, I was ready to go postal, now I'm grinning like the
> Cheshire Cat.

> TADA!!
>
> My best ever meniscus floating, golden, translucent, butt hanging
> down, humbacked, legs tucked, ginger coloured, tan bodied, Hydropsyche
> caddis emerger.
>
> http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/caddisemerger.jpg

Looks like it will catch some fish.

But I'm puzzled why the squirrel floats better for you than snowshoe
foot hair.

Tom's got a snowshoe caddis emerger pattern that floats great. You can
even pull it under and it will pop to the surface.

Willi

Peter Charles
February 2nd, 2004, 12:20 AM
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:54:44 -0700, Willi > wrote:

>Peter Charles wrote:
>
>> A short while ago, I was ready to go postal, now I'm grinning like the
>> Cheshire Cat.
>
>> TADA!!
>>
>> My best ever meniscus floating, golden, translucent, butt hanging
>> down, humbacked, legs tucked, ginger coloured, tan bodied, Hydropsyche
>> caddis emerger.
>>
>> http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/caddisemerger.jpg
>

>Looks like it will catch some fish.
>
>But I'm puzzled why the squirrel floats better for you than snowshoe
>foot hair.
>
>Tom's got a snowshoe caddis emerger pattern that floats great. You can
>even pull it under and it will pop to the surface.
>

>Willi

Mine didn't but then I may not have been sold snowshoe hare feet (they
were *supposed* to be snowshoe hare). I tied a fly and it sank plus
the individual hairs sank whe dunked in the sink. Also, I'm not
using it conventionally as wing, rather I'm folding it.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Stephen Welsh
February 2nd, 2004, 12:32 AM
Peter Charles > wrote in
:

> http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/caddisemerger.jpg
>
> Ya, I know the eye is a little crowded but the fish won't give a damn.

That should do nicely ...
interesting loop of CDC ... I've not seen it done that way (horigazontally)
before.

Steve

Stephen Welsh
February 2nd, 2004, 12:33 AM
Peter Charles > wrote in
:

> I tied a fly and it sank plus
> the individual hairs sank whe dunked in the sink.

Contaminated??

Steve

Dave LaCourse
February 2nd, 2004, 12:54 AM
Peter Charles writes:

>http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/caddisemerger.jpg

Hey, you're right handed. Ain't that a left handed Renzetti Traveler?

Nice emerger too!

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Dave LaCourse
February 2nd, 2004, 12:56 AM
Stephen Welsh:

>Contaminated??

Uh, not Suzie's sink.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Stephen Welsh
February 2nd, 2004, 01:03 AM
(Dave LaCourse) wrote in
:

> Uh, not Suzie's sink.

Not the sink, Dave, the foot.

:-)

Steve

Peter Charles
February 2nd, 2004, 01:06 AM
On 1 Feb 2004 23:32:22 GMT, Stephen Welsh
> wrote:

>That should do nicely ...
>interesting loop of CDC ... I've not seen it done that way (horigazontally)
>before.
>

>Steve

It should sit in the surface film a bit better with the horizontal
loop. I've been working on a fly that'll have this appearance . . .

http://www.sfotf.com/CADDIS.JPG

This one's dead, laying on the aquarium floor but picture it hanging
just under the surface with that golden skin puffed with air.

http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/caddisemerger.jpg

Peter

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Dave LaCourse
February 2nd, 2004, 01:11 AM
Stephen Welsh writes:

>Not the sink, Dave, the foot.

Not that either. Not in Suzie's house. d;o)
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Stephen Welsh
February 2nd, 2004, 01:21 AM
(Dave LaCourse) wrote in
:

> Stephen Welsh writes:
>
>>Not the sink, Dave, the foot.
>>

> Not that either. Not in Suzie's house. d;o)
> Dave

*laugh*

Ok,

Steve :-)

Stephen Welsh
February 2nd, 2004, 01:36 AM
Peter Charles > wrote in
:

> This one's dead, laying on the aquarium floor but picture it hanging
> just under the surface with that golden skin puffed with air.

mmmmm ... hatch kill.

What's the greeny bit? No quite pupated properly?

Steve

Peter Charles
February 2nd, 2004, 01:44 AM

:

>> http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/caddisemerger.jpg
>>
>> Ya, I know the eye is a little crowded but the fish won't give a damn.
>>

>That should do nicely ...
>interesting loop of CDC ... I've not seen it done that way (horigazontally)
>before.
>

>Steve

Here's some floating shots.

http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/hydropsyche-1.jpg

http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/hydropsyche-2.jpg

http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/hydropsyche-3.jpg

Looks like the tan body shows up well inside the ginger. Nice bubbles
as well. It sits just under the surface while the CDC is above it.

Peter

Peter Charles
February 2nd, 2004, 01:50 AM
On 2 Feb 2004 00:36:07 GMT, Stephen Welsh

:

>> This one's dead, laying on the aquarium floor but picture it hanging
>> just under the surface with that golden skin puffed with air.
>>

>mmmmm ... hatch kill.
>
>What's the greeny bit? No quite pupated properly?
>
>Steve

There are very few good pictures of fresh pupae but the few I've seen,
the dominant colour of the abdomen shows through. So, this section is
done according to the colour of the adult body. In my bug, it's tan.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Peter Charles
February 2nd, 2004, 01:51 AM
On 02 Feb 2004 00:11:10 GMT, (Dave LaCourse)
wrote:

>Stephen Welsh writes:
>
>>Not the sink, Dave, the foot.
>>

>Not that either. Not in Suzie's house. d;o)
>Dave
>
>http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

You're right, not in Suzie's house. I just think I got stiffed and
was sold an ordinary rabbit's foot.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Peter Charles
February 2nd, 2004, 01:52 AM
On 01 Feb 2004 23:54:06 GMT, (Dave LaCourse)
wrote:

>Peter Charles writes:
>
>>http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/caddisemerger.jpg
>
>Hey, you're right handed. Ain't that a left handed Renzetti Traveler?
>
>Nice emerger too!
>
>Dave

Ya, a certain ex-Navy, Yankee talked me into it. :)

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Peter Charles
February 2nd, 2004, 02:03 AM

:

>> This one's dead, laying on the aquarium floor but picture it hanging
>> just under the surface with that golden skin puffed with air.
>>

>mmmmm ... hatch kill.
>
>What's the greeny bit? No quite pupated properly?
>
>Steve

Here's my fly together with the picture of the dead pupa cropped and
flipped.

http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/fly-pupa.jpg

Peter

Stephen Welsh
February 2nd, 2004, 02:11 AM
Peter Charles > wrote in
:

> There are very few good pictures of fresh pupae but the few I've seen,

They are hard to find aren't they. Leads one towards setting up a
caddis aquarium.

> the dominant colour of the abdomen shows through. So, this section is
> done according to the colour of the adult body.

That's the way I've been doing mine. I like the lack of bulk sub-surface
in your MFGTBHDHLTGCTB HCE.

Steve (Trying to get a nice bright flourescent black has been tricky ;-)

Stephen Welsh
February 2nd, 2004, 02:21 AM
Peter Charles > wrote in
:

> Here's my fly together with the picture of the dead pupa cropped and
> flipped.

Too late already flipped one monitor.

;-)

Steve

Willi
February 2nd, 2004, 04:47 AM
Peter Charles wrote:

> Here's some floating shots.
>
> http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/hydropsyche-1.jpg
>

> http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/hydropsyche-2.jpg
>

> http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/hydropsyche-3.jpg

Looks GREAT in the water.

Most caddis pop right out when they reach the surface. Do these stay at
the surface before flying off?

Willi

Hooked
February 2nd, 2004, 05:28 AM
"Peter Charles" > wrote in message

> You're right, not in Suzie's house. I just think I got stiffed and
> was sold an ordinary rabbit's foot.
>
> Peter

Damn thing must really be unlucky!!!

Stephen Welsh
February 2nd, 2004, 06:29 AM
Willi > wrote in news:401dc835$0$70305$75868355
@news.frii.net:

> Looks GREAT in the water.
>
> Most caddis pop right out when they reach the surface. Do these stay at
> the surface before flying off?

Not to speak for Peter or anything and species specifics notwithstanding,
I believe there is a significant drift of caddis in the film during a
hatch:
a) before they get off (in unbroken water particularly)
b) that are never going to get off (cripples)

During the caddis emergences I've watched this year, the adults appear to
materialise at the surface with nary a ripple to indicate emergence. Its
easy to assume that the pupa rises through the column, hits the underside
of the film, breaks through it and is hatched without undue delay. I'm
not convinced they get through the film as easily as I'd previously
thought (or been led to believe). (Though when you see that mayfly
emergence mpg URL you posted the other day - I'm less convinced 8-)

Watching the sizeable fish (on flat water) and their feedlanes during the
hatches this year, a neb is the only thing to appear above the surface
.... they appear to be rising to nothing - certainly there are no adults
on the surface just prior to the rises I've seen.

Of the flies I've fished during the emergences, the half-in half-outs
have been much more effective than surface only flies. I've been fishing
a generalist LaFontaine ESP variant while my mate has been fishing an
adult. We've been doing about the same sort of damage. AHA! I hear you
say. His adult is deliberately tied so that the body hangs well below the
surface the wing is actually for the angler rather than the fish. Sure
it could be taken for a returning adult but equally it could be an
emerger.

There will always be doubt ... but I reckon the emergers hang around for
a bit before getting through the film.

Steve (Thursday: forecast 33 C after a fortnight of cool damp weather
= hatches of biblical proportions! :-)

Peter Charles
February 2nd, 2004, 01:35 PM
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:47:10 -0700, Willi > wrote:

>Peter Charles wrote:
>

>> Here's some floating shots.
>>
>> http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/hydropsyche-1.jpg
>>

>> http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/hydropsyche-2.jpg
>>

>> http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/hydropsyche-3.jpg
>

>Looks GREAT in the water.
>
>Most caddis pop right out when they reach the surface. Do these stay at
>the surface before flying off?
>
>Willi

Some crawl out to any above-water surface, but most drift as much as
30' or more before popping. They usually dift along the bottom, then
swim to the surface and continue the drift there. The explosive rises
we see come from two sources, females returning to the surface after
egg laying and pupae swimming up.

(All this info courtesy of Lafontaine's book, plus a few others, and a
bunch of sites.)

BTW, I added some more pupa images to the fly-pupa.jpg file.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Wolfgang
February 4th, 2004, 11:31 PM
"Peter Charles" > wrote in message
> On 02 Feb 2004 00:11:10 GMT, (Dave LaCourse)
> wrote:
>
> >Stephen Welsh writes:
> >
> >>Not the sink, Dave, the foot.
> >>

> >Not that either. Not in Suzie's house. d;o)
> >Dave
> >
> >http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html
> >

> You're right, not in Suzie's house. I just think I got stiffed and
> was sold an ordinary rabbit's foot.

Well, I bought the same snowshoe hare's feet as everybody else at whatever
the hell that fly shop somewhere in Pennsylvania is during the clave last
year or the year before. Handles real nice.....looks great.....floats like
a fukkin' brick.

Wolfgang
who went back to elk hair for the ehc.

Peter Charles
February 5th, 2004, 12:03 AM
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:31:54 -0600, "Wolfgang" >
wrote:

>"Peter Charles" > wrote in message
>> On 02 Feb 2004 00:11:10 GMT, (Dave LaCourse)
>> wrote:

>> >Not that either. Not in Suzie's house. d;o)
>> >Dave
>> >
>> >http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html
>> >

>> You're right, not in Suzie's house. I just think I got stiffed and
>> was sold an ordinary rabbit's foot.
>
>Well, I bought the same snowshoe hare's feet as everybody else at whatever
>the hell that fly shop somewhere in Pennsylvania is during the clave last
>year or the year before. Handles real nice.....looks great.....floats like
>a fukkin' brick.
>
>Wolfgang
>who went back to elk hair for the ehc.

I can't blame mine on Jonas -- my fukking brick was purchased locally.
In fact the clerk made a big deal out of having saved it just of me.

Peter (currently reaching behind himself for "kick me" signs).

Wolfgang
February 5th, 2004, 12:09 AM
"Stephen Welsh" > wrote in message
. 1.4...

> .....There will always be doubt ... but I reckon the emergers hang around
for
> a bit before getting through the film.

Not surprisingly, there's a great deal of variation among different species
and genera. Some years ago, I kept a couple of brook trout in an aquarium
for the better part of a year. I made frequent trips to the stream near my
home to collect fresh bugs for them. Caddis of several species made up a
large fraction of the invertebrate inhabitants of this particular stream,
with one species of case builders (whose name I no longer remember)
predominating. It wasn't long.....even though I began in late
autumn....before I had hatches coming off all over the apartment. The pupae
of the aforementioned caddis would take a second or so to rise from the
bottom of the aquarium, about 15 inches (38 cm) to the surface. The dorsal
surface of the pupal shuck popped through the meniscus instantly and then it
was usually a matter of a second or less till the shuck split and the adult
began to emerge, which generally took another second or so. All told, the
entire process typically took less than 4 seconds. Interestingly, the
greatest variation occurred AFTER emergence when the new adult tried to fly
off of the surface.....this took anywhere from less than a second to ten or
more of skittering and (apparently) resting.

I don't recall seeing caddis of any species in my aquarium having difficulty
breaking the surface tension of the water. Evidently their shucks are
either extremely hydrophobic themselves or they are coated with some
material that is.....at least for a while. During a prolific hatch that
comes off in early May of each year, large portions of the stream's surface
is covered by rafts of individual shucks numbering at least in the tens of
millions. Oddly though, even in eddies and backwaters they disappear
quickly. Either they lose their hydrophobic quality and sink, or something
picks them off the surface.....something that I have never witnessed. I
suppose it IS also possible that they are simply all swept downstream, but
it doesn't seem likely based on my own experience.

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
February 5th, 2004, 12:18 AM
"Peter Charles" > wrote in message

> I can't blame mine on Jonas -- my fukking brick was purchased locally.
> In fact the clerk made a big deal out of having saved it just of me.

Nah, this wasn't Jonas. What with the monsoon and all, it wasn't worth the
effort to fish so.....um....Tom, I think....took a bunch of us on a field
trip to another shop somewhere out on the edge of the Midwest, and we all
bought a bunch of ****. I got several lucky showshoe hare's feet. I
believe Tom was getting some sort of kickback.

> Peter (currently reaching behind himself for "kick me" signs).

The nice thing about usenet......and claves, for that matter......is that
you don't need no steenking sign. :)

Wolfgang

Willi
February 5th, 2004, 12:42 AM
Wolfgang wrote:

> "Peter Charles" > wrote in message
>

>>I can't blame mine on Jonas -- my fukking brick was purchased locally.
>>In fact the clerk made a big deal out of having saved it just of me.
>

> Nah, this wasn't Jonas. What with the monsoon and all, it wasn't worth the
> effort to fish so.....um....Tom, I think....took a bunch of us on a field
> trip to another shop somewhere out on the edge of the Midwest, and we all
> bought a bunch of ****. I got several lucky showshoe hare's feet. I
> believe Tom was getting some sort of kickback.
>

>>Peter (currently reaching behind himself for "kick me" signs).
>

> The nice thing about usenet......and claves, for that matter......is that
> you don't need no steenking sign. :)
>
> Wolfgang

You guys must be using just the guard hairs. I think that it's the under
fur that provides the most flotation. I cut the hair off the back of
the lower leg right next to the skin so you get guard hairs and
underfur. I cut off several clumps, then put them in a coffee grinder.
(I learned this from Tom L.) Before Tom told me how to do it, I didn't
like the material either. When you use it, you tie in a clump thats
longer and bigger than needed and trim to shape. It's one of the few
materials than can be trimmed with a scissor and still look "natural".

Willi

Tom Littleton
February 5th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Wolfgang writes:
>What with the monsoon and all, it wasn't worth the
>effort to fish so.....um....Tom, I think....took a bunch of us on a field
>trip to another shop somewhere out on the edge of the Midwest, and we all
>bought a bunch of ****.

that would have been the Trout Shop in
Avis, PA....formerly Fred Reese's Trout
Shop, now defunct altogether....not that that has a damn thing to do with you
and Peter and your sinking Snowshoe flies.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the both of you are using the very tips of the
foot hairs to make small floating flies. Needless to say, I am merely guessing
without seeing your efforts. The foot hairs which provide floatation are the
long, wirey hairs on the underside of the foot, but, as Willi points out, you
need the full length of the hair, not just the tip. Follow his instructions for
small flies or use the entire, longer, clumps for size 12 or 14 flies. Before I
get some kind of credit for the discovery, I learned it from the folks at Blue
Quill Angler's in Colorado, and damned if I remember who on the tying staff
came up with the process. Up until learning the chopping and clumping
techniques, I only used the stuff for larger (12-16) Usuals.
I suppose I could have a brief seminar at the trailer during the Penn's clave
on the whole matter. I will schedule same for when it rai.....oh, nevermind!!
Tom

Peter Charles
February 5th, 2004, 02:32 AM
On 05 Feb 2004 00:15:14 GMT, (Tom Littleton) wrote:

>Wolfgang writes:
>>What with the monsoon and all, it wasn't worth the
>>effort to fish so.....um....Tom, I think....took a bunch of us on a field
>>trip to another shop somewhere out on the edge of the Midwest, and we all
>>bought a bunch of ****.
>
>that would have been the Trout Shop in
>Avis, PA....formerly Fred Reese's Trout
>Shop, now defunct altogether....not that that has a damn thing to do with you
>and Peter and your sinking Snowshoe flies.
>I have a sneaking suspicion that the both of you are using the very tips of the
>foot hairs to make small floating flies. Needless to say, I am merely guessing
>without seeing your efforts. The foot hairs which provide floatation are the
>long, wirey hairs on the underside of the foot, but, as Willi points out, you
>need the full length of the hair, not just the tip. Follow his instructions for
>small flies or use the entire, longer, clumps for size 12 or 14 flies. Before I
>get some kind of credit for the discovery, I learned it from the folks at Blue
>Quill Angler's in Colorado, and damned if I remember who on the tying staff
>came up with the process. Up until learning the chopping and clumping
>techniques, I only used the stuff for larger (12-16) Usuals.
>I suppose I could have a brief seminar at the trailer during the Penn's clave
>on the whole matter. I will schedule same for when it rai.....oh, nevermind!!
> Tom

Now he tells us . . .

Just cut off a clump of the aforementioned hairs as instructed,
removed the fluffy stuff, shoved the guard hairs in some water . . .
fukking brick. I think I have the feet from some road kill bunny.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Stephen Welsh
February 5th, 2004, 03:01 AM
Peter Charles > wrote in
:

> I think I have the feet from some road kill bunny.

Given the difficulty I sometimes have getting a normal bunny
fur fly to sink ... well ... forgive my mirth. 8-}

I reckon you and Wolfgang must have one of those tungsten
bunny feet.

;-)

Steve

Stephen Welsh
February 5th, 2004, 03:23 AM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in
:
> [interesting bug stuff snipped]

> During a prolific hatch that
> comes off in early May of each year, large portions of the stream's
> surface is covered by rafts of individual shucks numbering at least in
> the tens of millions.

We (misguidedly?) dream of hatches like that downunder ... except for the
midges which can blanket hatch on occasion ...our hatches are usually
sparser and longer running. I can't recall seeing caddis shucks in any
numbers like that, then again I don't check the backwaters after a hatch
either - its usually too dark.

Steve (we used to have a fish tank ...)

Wolfgang
February 5th, 2004, 04:40 AM
"Stephen Welsh" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Wolfgang" > wrote in
> :
> > [interesting bug stuff snipped]
>
> > During a prolific hatch that
> > comes off in early May of each year, large portions of the stream's
> > surface is covered by rafts of individual shucks numbering at least in
> > the tens of millions.
>
> We (misguidedly?) dream of hatches like that downunder ... except for the
> midges which can blanket hatch on occasion ...our hatches are usually
> sparser and longer running. I can't recall seeing caddis shucks in any
> numbers like that, then again I don't check the backwaters after a hatch
> either - its usually too dark.
>
> Steve (we used to have a fish tank ...)

No doubt about it; it's a spectacular hatch. Pretty much useless
though.....from a fishing standpoint, anyway. It's one of those
embarrassment of riches thingies. There are so many bugs that an imitation,
regardless of how good it might be, is simply lost in the melee. As a
matter of fact, there are so many bugs that the fish are soon glutted and
even lose interest in the naturals. I have, on rare occasions, managed to
catch a couple of fish very early in the hatch, but only by sheer
luck.....quite literally a one in a million chance (at best) that the bug a
fish decides to eat is the one with a hook in it.

Wolfgang

Mike Connor
February 5th, 2004, 06:30 AM
"Wolfgang" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag

You need to use the longish wiry hairs from the foot for floatation, not
just the long guard hairs. They will indeed sink like a brick.

Try it again with the right hairs.

( As the actress said to the bishop)

These feet are not lucky in any case. Otherwise they would not belong to
dead Snowshoe hares.

TL
MC

Stan Gula
February 5th, 2004, 02:20 PM
"Mike Connor" > wrote in message
> These feet are not lucky in any case. Otherwise they would not belong to
> dead Snowshoe hares.

My youngest son is in a play this week and his character needed to have a
'lucky rabbit foot' for one scene. He's using one of my showshoe hare feet.
I tried to convince him to use a dyed yellow one, but he opted for a
natural.

Willi
February 5th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Stan Gula wrote:

> "Mike Connor" > wrote in message
>
>>These feet are not lucky in any case. Otherwise they would not belong to
>>dead Snowshoe hares.
>>

> My youngest son is in a play this week and his character needed to have a
> 'lucky rabbit foot' for one scene. He's using one of my showshoe hare feet.
> I tried to convince him to use a dyed yellow one, but he opted for a
> natural.

When I was a kid they had those brightly colored rabbit foot key chains
that were VERY cool for a pre adolescent boy, even one without keys.

Willi