PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow Trip

Charles B. Summers
September 21st, 2003, 07:27 PM
After 18 hours of non-stop fishing on the Smallmouth Capitol of the World...
the smallmouth population is is still safe. Only one fish was injured in
this trip but not by the angler. Apparently, one of the lakes toothy fish
decided to take a bite out of Dave largemouth while it was doing battle to
stay out of the boat. I've posted the only picture taken on
alt.binaries.pictures.fishing.

It was a fun trip, but I've glad to be back home. The next trip is going to
have to be during a full moon week because that is one dark place when
unfamiliar with the lake. The GPS helped, but without having the bouys
marked... I was still a little apprehensive to run on plane at night. Next
time, I'll be better prepared.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com

Justin Hires
September 22nd, 2003, 03:28 AM
"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote in message >...
> After 18 hours of non-stop fishing on the Smallmouth Capitol of the World...
> the smallmouth population is is still safe. Only one fish was injured in
> this trip but not by the angler. Apparently, one of the lakes toothy fish
> decided to take a bite out of Dave largemouth while it was doing battle to
> stay out of the boat. I've posted the only picture taken on
> alt.binaries.pictures.fishing.
>
> It was a fun trip, but I've glad to be back home. The next trip is going to
> have to be during a full moon week because that is one dark place when
> unfamiliar with the lake. The GPS helped, but without having the bouys
> marked... I was still a little apprehensive to run on plane at night. Next
> time, I'll be better prepared.

-----------------------------------
Yes, a fun trip! And good job guys for your catches..! I told ya about the
moon. We would have caught alot more fish including smallmouth at Barkley and
KY lake. I hope to get you guys down there sometime!
I tip my hat to ya guys, and am humbled. I do wish we had went at a better
time, or lake.

-Justin
-----------------

Catfish Charlie
September 22nd, 2003, 02:52 PM
Ya know... I was just thinking about the next trip. Where and when should it
be? Center Hill? October?? Lake Barkley??? November??

"Justin Hires" > wrote in message
om...
> "Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote
in message >...
> > After 18 hours of non-stop fishing on the Smallmouth Capitol of the
World...
> > the smallmouth population is is still safe. Only one fish was injured in
> > this trip but not by the angler. Apparently, one of the lakes toothy
fish
> > decided to take a bite out of Dave largemouth while it was doing battle
> > stay out of the boat. I've posted the only picture taken on
> > alt.binaries.pictures.fishing.
> >
> > It was a fun trip, but I've glad to be back home. The next trip is going
> > have to be during a full moon week because that is one dark place when
> > unfamiliar with the lake. The GPS helped, but without having the bouys
> > marked... I was still a little apprehensive to run on plane at night.
Next
> > time, I'll be better prepared.
>
> -----------------------------------
> Yes, a fun trip! And good job guys for your catches..! I told ya about the
> moon. We would have caught alot more fish including smallmouth at Barkley
and
> KY lake. I hope to get you guys down there sometime!
> I tip my hat to ya guys, and am humbled. I do wish we had went at a better
> time, or lake.
>
> -Justin
> -----------------

Charles B. Summers
September 22nd, 2003, 03:00 PM
Opps... guess I forgot to change my name back... LOL

"Catfish Charlie" (Comcast)> wrote in
message ...
> Ya know... I was just thinking about the next trip. Where and when should
it
> be? Center Hill? October?? Lake Barkley??? November??
>

> "Justin Hires" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)>
wrote
> in message >...
> > > After 18 hours of non-stop fishing on the Smallmouth Capitol of the
> World...
> > > the smallmouth population is is still safe. Only one fish was injured
in
> > > this trip but not by the angler. Apparently, one of the lakes toothy
> fish
> > > decided to take a bite out of Dave largemouth while it was doing
battle
> > > stay out of the boat. I've posted the only picture taken on
> > > alt.binaries.pictures.fishing.
> > >
> > > It was a fun trip, but I've glad to be back home. The next trip is
going
> > > have to be during a full moon week because that is one dark place when
> > > unfamiliar with the lake. The GPS helped, but without having the bouys
> > > marked... I was still a little apprehensive to run on plane at night.
> Next
> > > time, I'll be better prepared.
> >
> > -----------------------------------
> > Yes, a fun trip! And good job guys for your catches..! I told ya about
the
> > moon. We would have caught alot more fish including smallmouth at
Barkley
> and
> > KY lake. I hope to get you guys down there sometime!
> > I tip my hat to ya guys, and am humbled. I do wish we had went at a
better
> > time, or lake.
> >
> > -Justin
> > -----------------

The RodMaker
September 22nd, 2003, 06:34 PM
As long as it ain't fer 18 hours I'm game!

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods
> Opps... guess I forgot to change my name back... LOL
>

> "Catfish Charlie" (Comcast)> wrote in
> message ...
> > Ya know... I was just thinking about the next trip. Where and when
should
> it
> > be? Center Hill? October?? Lake Barkley??? November??
> >

> > "Justin Hires" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > "Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)>
> wrote
> > in message >...
> > World...
> in
> > fish
> battle

> going
> > Next
> > >
> > > -----------------------------------
> > > Yes, a fun trip! And good job guys for your catches..! I told ya about
> the
> > > moon. We would have caught alot more fish including smallmouth at
> Barkley
> > and
> > > KY lake. I hope to get you guys down there sometime!
> > > I tip my hat to ya guys, and am humbled. I do wish we had went at a
> better
> > > time, or lake.
> > >
> > > -Justin
> > > -----------------

Charles B. Summers
September 22nd, 2003, 07:03 PM
Aww c'mon Dave. It wasn't that bad...

Oh yeah... you didn't get to nap, did you? LOL

"The RodMaker" > wrote in message
> As long as it ain't fer 18 hours I'm game!
>
> --
> Dave Norton
> Millennium Rods
> "Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
> message ...
> > Opps... guess I forgot to change my name back... LOL
> >

> > "Catfish Charlie" (Comcast)> wrote in
> > message ...
> > > Ya know... I was just thinking about the next trip. Where and when
> should
> > it
> > > be? Center Hill? October?? Lake Barkley??? November??
> > >

> > > "Justin Hires" > wrote in message
> > > om...
> > wrote
> > > in message >...
> > > World...
> injured
> > in
> > > fish
> > battle

> > going
> when
> bouys
> night.
> > > Next

> > the
> > Barkley
> > > and
> > better

Justin Hires
September 23rd, 2003, 02:15 AM
(Justin Hires) wrote in message >...
> "Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote in message >...
> > After 18 hours of non-stop fishing on the Smallmouth Capitol of the World...
> > the smallmouth population is is still safe. Only one fish was injured in
> > this trip but not by the angler. Apparently, one of the lakes toothy fish
> > decided to take a bite out of Dave largemouth while it was doing battle to
> > stay out of the boat. I've posted the only picture taken on
> > alt.binaries.pictures.fishing.
> >
> > It was a fun trip, but I've glad to be back home. The next trip is going to
> > have to be during a full moon week because that is one dark place when
> > unfamiliar with the lake. The GPS helped, but without having the bouys
> > marked... I was still a little apprehensive to run on plane at night. Next
> > time, I'll be better prepared.
>
> -----------------------------------
> Yes, a fun trip! And good job guys for your catches..! I told ya about the
> moon. We would have caught alot more fish including smallmouth at Barkley and
> KY lake. I hope to get you guys down there sometime!
> I tip my hat to ya guys, and am humbled. I do wish we had went at a better
> time, or lake.
>
> -Justin

Charles, BARKLEY...OCTOBER! November if you're looking for smallies and crappie
only. Mid October is one of the best times..for catching MANY BASS in back of
coves..and I KNOW ALL THE SPOTS! But, that's right...you never lisen to me.LOL.

-Justin

Charles B. Summers
September 23rd, 2003, 02:47 AM
Justin... I'm available for the 4th or the 18th. I know the full moon is on
the 10th, but unfortunately I'm on call that weekend unless I can talk
someone into switching weekends.