PDA

View Full Version : Oooopss. Repairing Bivvy

Zoe
February 6th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Hi guys.

I went out fishing recently in the rain, then I thought I would be clever
and leave the bivvy in the car port to dry out.

Well, a mouse decided it would also make a good material to waterproof it's
nest with!

Holes are covering approx 8 inches diameter on the outer canvas.

Any ideal on repair solutions?

Derek.Moody
February 6th, 2004, 11:44 PM
In article >, Zoe
> wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I went out fishing recently in the rain, then I thought I would be clever
> and leave the bivvy in the car port to dry out.
>
> Well, a mouse decided it would also make a good material to waterproof it's
> nest with!
>
> Holes are covering approx 8 inches diameter on the outer canvas.
>
> Any ideal on repair solutions?

The proper way:
Order a bit of the correct material, find someone with an industrial sewing
machine, patch and reproof.

The lateral way:
Trim hole neatly. Glue a sheet of heavy-grade transparent pvc (use proper
pvc adhesive) over hole. It will be much stronger if you stitch it round the
edge and glue a strip of pvc over the stitching inside and out. Call it a
window.

Cheerio,

--

Alex
February 7th, 2004, 06:27 AM
"Zoe" > wrote in message
> Hi guys.
> Holes are covering approx 8 inches diameter on the outer canvas.
If it was actually canvas! it could not be easier. get a patch stiched in
and reproof.

Bryan Hall
February 7th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Ah - the wonders of duct tape - use it on either side and it will be
waterproof in minutes