PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Fish?

Craig
October 5th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Man I have to ask, because as I watch OLN and ESPN2 and all the fishing
shows, bass fishing is low on the food chain for getting air time any more.
I mean only a couple of years ago you could blop your butt in front of the
TV and watch bass fishing shows all day if you wanted.

There was, In-Fisherman, Hank Parker, Orlando Wilson, Bill Dance, Fish
Fishburn, Larry Nixon, Jimmy Houston, Denny Brauer, Shaw Grisby, Bassmaster
Tour, Roland Martin, Doug Hannon, FLW Tour, to mention a few.

Some are still on, but not back-to-back like it use-to-be. I loved my
Sunday evenings watching all my favorite shows. It simply topped off my
weekend and better prepared me for another long work week.

Now you get one bass show, then a salt water fishing show, followed by one
or two trout shows, then a hunting show, followed by a gun show, then maybe
another bass show, and the tale goes on and on.

So what would you rather watch, bass, bass, and more bass, or all these
other fishing shows?

We really need to all pull together and start a Cable Bass Fishing Network
channel that is on 24/7/365 like the Golf channel. Hell, we have the talent
here, and I know I could sell the show to the sponsors and investors.

Part of me is kidding and part of me is dead serious.
--
Craig

John Kerr
October 5th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Don't get me wrong....bass fishing is my first love as far as fishing is
concerned. But I reckon I just love to fish too. I am fortunate that I
get to travel some, and everywhere I go, someone usually offers to take
me fishing...in Van Couver, B.C., I got to catch some great Salmon, in
Alaska it was a giant Flounder, off the California coast, I enjoyed the
yellowtail, and albacore, and I still love to fish the gulf for the big
"reds", and when I go camping in the Sierras, catching a few mountain
trout for breakfast is awesome....so I enjoy a lot of the "other"
fishing shows too. But if ya get that all bass network put
together...I'll be watching! <g>
JK

Thundercat
October 5th, 2003, 09:44 PM
"Craig" > wrote in message
m...
<SNIP>
> So what would you rather watch, bass, bass, and more bass, or all these
> other fishing shows?
>
> We really need to all pull together and start a Cable Bass Fishing Network
> channel that is on 24/7/365 like the Golf channel. Hell, we have the
talent
> here, and I know I could sell the show to the sponsors and investors.
>
> Part of me is kidding and part of me is dead serious.
> --
> Craig

Heck, I would love an all bass channel. However, an all fishing channel
would suit me just fine too. Shows dedicated to different species; bass,
trout, crappie, walleye, toothy guys, etc. Some children's fishing
programming, "how to" programming, conservation / biology programming,
bloopers, tournaments, boat maintenance / repair / reviews (a la Car and
Driver) etc...No such thing as too much information.

--
Harry J. aka Thundercat
Bass fishing is NOT a hobby...

Dark Knight
October 5th, 2003, 10:45 PM
I'd like to suggest that you contact your local cable and/or Dish provider
and request The Sportsman Channel. Not only with this channel focus on
fishing and hunting shows - without the extreme sports and other
"non-sportsperson" programming that The Outdoor Channel or OLN tends to run
to much of, but TSC is not gouging shows for air time. (Besides which, the
more coverage TSC gets, the easier it will be to get sponsors to sign on for
shows like our very own Steve Huber's Outdoor Frontiers...)

DK

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
. net...
> "Craig" > wrote in message
> m...
> <SNIP>
> > So what would you rather watch, bass, bass, and more bass, or all these
> > other fishing shows?
> >
> > We really need to all pull together and start a Cable Bass Fishing
Network
> > channel that is on 24/7/365 like the Golf channel. Hell, we have the
> talent
> > here, and I know I could sell the show to the sponsors and investors.
> >
> > Part of me is kidding and part of me is dead serious.
> > --
> > Craig
>
> Heck, I would love an all bass channel. However, an all fishing channel
> would suit me just fine too. Shows dedicated to different species; bass,
> trout, crappie, walleye, toothy guys, etc. Some children's fishing
> programming, "how to" programming, conservation / biology programming,
> bloopers, tournaments, boat maintenance / repair / reviews (a la Car and
> Driver) etc...No such thing as too much information.
>
> --
> Harry J. aka Thundercat
> Bass fishing is NOT a hobby...
> It is an ADDICTION!
> Brooklyn Bill's Specialty Tackle Fishing Team
> http://geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
October 5th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Maybe a different fish type for differnt days. Then you could watch bass all one day with bass sponsors, trout and trout sponsors
on another day etc. Bill P.

Heck, I would love an all bass channel. However, an all fishing channel
would suit me just fine too. Shows dedicated to different species; bass,
trout, crappie, walleye, toothy guys, etc. Some children's fishing
programming, "how to" programming, conservation / biology programming,
bloopers, tournaments, boat maintenance / repair / reviews (a la Car and
Driver) etc...No such thing as too much information.

--
Harry J. aka Thundercat
Bass fishing is NOT a hobby...
It is an ADDICTION!
Brooklyn Bill's Specialty Tackle Fishing Team
http://geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/

Connie Norton
October 5th, 2003, 10:52 PM
We could call it " On the water ,With R.O.F.B"

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" > wrote in message
> Maybe a different fish type for differnt days. Then you could watch bass
all one day with bass sponsors, trout and trout sponsors
> on another day etc. Bill P.
>
> Heck, I would love an all bass channel. However, an all fishing channel
> would suit me just fine too. Shows dedicated to different species; bass,
> trout, crappie, walleye, toothy guys, etc. Some children's fishing
> programming, "how to" programming, conservation / biology programming,
> bloopers, tournaments, boat maintenance / repair / reviews (a la Car and
> Driver) etc...No such thing as too much information.
>
> --
> Harry J. aka Thundercat
> Bass fishing is NOT a hobby...
> It is an ADDICTION!
> Brooklyn Bill's Specialty Tackle Fishing Team
> http://geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/

Craig
October 6th, 2003, 12:36 AM
Ok, I can see a line-up already:

7:00 a.m. Good Morning Bass - A National Bass Fishing News Program with both
National and local weather and Lake condition reports.
9:00 a.m. Live with Steve & Kathy - A Light Hearted Bass Talk Show.
10:00 a.m. The Brian Storm Show - A helpful tips show centering on cooking,
clothing, tackle organization, etc.
11:00 a.m. The Scene - A round-table discussion group (Moe Conway, Warren
Wolk, Bob Rickard, Dan Warme, and Dave Norton).
12:00 p.m. News - Local fishing news of what happening in your community.
12:30 p.m. Where's All The Bass - A Soap Opera that takes place in the
fictional town of Brinelander, WI and Loom Lake.
1:30 p.m. The Bass is Right - A game show where fisherman compete for prizes
by guessing what the prices are for various fishing, marine, and automotive
products.
2:30 p.m. The Jerry Barton Show - A Shock talk show that features anglers
settling disputes, confronting anglers caught on video cheating, Fishing
Partners making surprise announcements that they are fishing with other
anglers, etc. (Jerry! Jerry!)
3:30 p.m. Married and Bassin - a comedy about a bass angler and his family,
and all the wacky things he does to get out and fish.
4:00 p.m. RichZ (by ZhciR Productions) - A talk show where Rich interviews
fishing most famous anglers and industry giants, has a book club, and leaves
packages of fishing related products under the seats of his audience (Rich!
Rich!)
5:00 p.m. Local Fishing News
6:00 p.m. National Fishing News
7:00 p.m. Entertainment Bass - A show that focuses on the Fishing Industry
and its stars, and the gossip.
PRIME TIME - Changing Nightly
7:30p.m. Bill Dance
8:00 p.m. Hank Parker
8:30 p.m. Jimmy Houston
9:00 p.m. Denny Brauer
9:30 p.m. Larry Nixon
10:00 p.m. in-Fisherman
11:00 p.m. Local Fishing News
11:30 p.m. BassLine with Charles Summers
12:00 a.m. Late Night with Craig
1:00 a.m. Late Late Night with Jack
2:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m. Rodney Long and the infomercials
5:00 a.m. to 7:00 Early Morning Bassin with Pat Goff and his Wild Texans

--
Craig

Jerry \NervisRek\ Barton
October 6th, 2003, 02:11 AM
Hell Yeah !
--
Jerry Barton
www.jerrys-world.com

"Craig" > wrote in message
m...
> Ok, I can see a line-up already:
>
> 7:00 a.m. Good Morning Bass - A National Bass Fishing News Program
with both
> National and local weather and Lake condition reports.
> 9:00 a.m. Live with Steve & Kathy - A Light Hearted Bass Talk
Show.
> 10:00 a.m. The Brian Storm Show - A helpful tips show centering on
cooking,
> clothing, tackle organization, etc.
> 11:00 a.m. The Scene - A round-table discussion group (Moe Conway,
Warren
> Wolk, Bob Rickard, Dan Warme, and Dave Norton).
> 12:00 p.m. News - Local fishing news of what happening in your
community.
> 12:30 p.m. Where's All The Bass - A Soap Opera that takes place in
the
> fictional town of Brinelander, WI and Loom Lake.
> 1:30 p.m. The Bass is Right - A game show where fisherman compete
for prizes
> by guessing what the prices are for various fishing, marine, and
automotive
> products.
> 2:30 p.m. The Jerry Barton Show - A Shock talk show that features
anglers
> settling disputes, confronting anglers caught on video cheating,
Fishing
> Partners making surprise announcements that they are fishing with
other
> anglers, etc. (Jerry! Jerry!)
> 3:30 p.m. Married and Bassin - a comedy about a bass angler and his
family,
> and all the wacky things he does to get out and fish.
> 4:00 p.m. RichZ (by ZhciR Productions) - A talk show where Rich
interviews
> fishing most famous anglers and industry giants, has a book club,
and leaves
> packages of fishing related products under the seats of his audience
(Rich!
> Rich!)
> 5:00 p.m. Local Fishing News
> 6:00 p.m. National Fishing News
> 7:00 p.m. Entertainment Bass - A show that focuses on the Fishing
Industry
> and its stars, and the gossip.
> PRIME TIME - Changing Nightly
> 7:30p.m. Bill Dance
> 8:00 p.m. Hank Parker
> 8:30 p.m. Jimmy Houston
> 9:00 p.m. Denny Brauer
> 9:30 p.m. Larry Nixon
> 10:00 p.m. in-Fisherman
> 11:00 p.m. Local Fishing News
> 11:30 p.m. BassLine with Charles Summers
> 12:00 a.m. Late Night with Craig
> 1:00 a.m. Late Late Night with Jack
> 2:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m. Rodney Long and the infomercials
> 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 Early Morning Bassin with Pat Goff and his Wild
Texans

> --
> Craig

Charles B. Summers
October 6th, 2003, 03:16 AM
I like the way you're thinking there Craig! And that 3:30 show may not be a
bad thought...

You did forget about 7:00pm Outdoor FrontierTV though... but that may end up
on a channel of its' own.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
"Craig" > wrote in message
m...
> Ok, I can see a line-up already:
>
> 7:00 a.m. Good Morning Bass - A National Bass Fishing News Program with
both
> National and local weather and Lake condition reports.
> 9:00 a.m. Live with Steve & Kathy - A Light Hearted Bass Talk Show.
> 10:00 a.m. The Brian Storm Show - A helpful tips show centering on
cooking,
> clothing, tackle organization, etc.
> 11:00 a.m. The Scene - A round-table discussion group (Moe Conway, Warren
> Wolk, Bob Rickard, Dan Warme, and Dave Norton).
> 12:00 p.m. News - Local fishing news of what happening in your community.
> 12:30 p.m. Where's All The Bass - A Soap Opera that takes place in the
> fictional town of Brinelander, WI and Loom Lake.
> 1:30 p.m. The Bass is Right - A game show where fisherman compete for
prizes
> by guessing what the prices are for various fishing, marine, and
automotive
> products.
> 2:30 p.m. The Jerry Barton Show - A Shock talk show that features anglers
> settling disputes, confronting anglers caught on video cheating, Fishing
> Partners making surprise announcements that they are fishing with other
> anglers, etc. (Jerry! Jerry!)
> 3:30 p.m. Married and Bassin - a comedy about a bass angler and his
family,
> and all the wacky things he does to get out and fish.
> 4:00 p.m. RichZ (by ZhciR Productions) - A talk show where Rich interviews
> fishing most famous anglers and industry giants, has a book club, and
leaves
> packages of fishing related products under the seats of his audience
(Rich!
> Rich!)
> 5:00 p.m. Local Fishing News
> 6:00 p.m. National Fishing News
> 7:00 p.m. Entertainment Bass - A show that focuses on the Fishing
Industry
> and its stars, and the gossip.
> PRIME TIME - Changing Nightly
> 7:30p.m. Bill Dance
> 8:00 p.m. Hank Parker
> 8:30 p.m. Jimmy Houston
> 9:00 p.m. Denny Brauer
> 9:30 p.m. Larry Nixon
> 10:00 p.m. in-Fisherman
> 11:00 p.m. Local Fishing News
> 11:30 p.m. BassLine with Charles Summers
> 12:00 a.m. Late Night with Craig
> 1:00 a.m. Late Late Night with Jack
> 2:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m. Rodney Long and the infomercials
> 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 Early Morning Bassin with Pat Goff and his Wild Texans
>
> --
> Craig

Craig
October 6th, 2003, 04:31 AM
No it could be part of the Prime Time lineup.

--
Craig

Illinois Fisherman
October 6th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Walleye
Pike
Musky
Bass
Big Catfish and large Carp - when I'm looking to relax and have a battle.
Variety is the spice of life gentleman.

"Craig" > wrote in message
m...
> Man I have to ask, because as I watch OLN and ESPN2 and all the fishing
> shows, bass fishing is low on the food chain for getting air time any
more.
> I mean only a couple of years ago you could blop your butt in front of the
> TV and watch bass fishing shows all day if you wanted.
>
> There was, In-Fisherman, Hank Parker, Orlando Wilson, Bill Dance, Fish
> Fishburn, Larry Nixon, Jimmy Houston, Denny Brauer, Shaw Grisby,
Bassmaster
> Tour, Roland Martin, Doug Hannon, FLW Tour, to mention a few.
>
> Some are still on, but not back-to-back like it use-to-be. I loved my
> Sunday evenings watching all my favorite shows. It simply topped off my
> weekend and better prepared me for another long work week.
>
> Now you get one bass show, then a salt water fishing show, followed by one
> or two trout shows, then a hunting show, followed by a gun show, then
maybe
> another bass show, and the tale goes on and on.
>
> So what would you rather watch, bass, bass, and more bass, or all these
> other fishing shows?
>
> We really need to all pull together and start a Cable Bass Fishing Network
> channel that is on 24/7/365 like the Golf channel. Hell, we have the
talent
> here, and I know I could sell the show to the sponsors and investors.
>
> Part of me is kidding and part of me is dead serious.
> --
> Craig

Craig
October 6th, 2003, 02:15 PM
So bass is bottom on your "Love to For" fish - what are we going to do with
you?

I am just the opposite. I fish for bass 99% of the time. However, if I hook
into a nice walleye, salmon, trout, steelhead, pike, muskie, channel cat, or
even a big'o'carp I can enjoy the ride it takes me on.

--
Craig

Illinois Fisherman
October 6th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Most of the Bass tactics work on Walleyes also - that's what the Linder's
discovered a long time ago - so I follow ROFB to make me a better fisherman
in general. I spent the first 16 years of my life fishing the Little Bay de
Noc every summer for two months - Walleye, Pike, Musky, Perch, Whitefish
were the targets. This was in the 50's and early 60's.

I just like Fishing in general with the exception of Hard Water Fishing. I
have been at it over 50 years and just cannot pick one favorite, I like them
all. Why limit oneself to one species. A general all around education in
fishing suites me well. I find that most tactics that will work one species
will work on another. So when fishing gets tough maybe trying this or that
lure, bait, or presentation will work for the targeted species that day. I
have had days when a Walleye double hook worm harness spinner rig up three
feet off the bottom was catching Bass. Go figure.

"Craig" > wrote in message
om...
> So bass is bottom on your "Love to For" fish - what are we going to do
with
> you?
>
> I am just the opposite. I fish for bass 99% of the time. However, if I
hook
> into a nice walleye, salmon, trout, steelhead, pike, muskie, channel cat,
or
> even a big'o'carp I can enjoy the ride it takes me on.
>

> --
> Craig

Charles B. Summers
October 6th, 2003, 05:47 PM
My favorite would have to be the elusive smallmouth. Why? Well, because I
can catch Percy Priest's largemouth and spotted bass *most* of the time, but
the smallies that I've seen come from there excite me, and I've only run
across a few of them in my fishing time.

I don't get too excited about any of the other non-bass species, but do
enjoy the occasional accidental catfish or stripe that happens to come my
way.

"Craig" > wrote in message
m...
> Man I have to ask, because as I watch OLN and ESPN2 and all the fishing
> shows, bass fishing is low on the food chain for getting air time any
more.
> I mean only a couple of years ago you could blop your butt in front of the
> TV and watch bass fishing shows all day if you wanted.
>
> There was, In-Fisherman, Hank Parker, Orlando Wilson, Bill Dance, Fish
> Fishburn, Larry Nixon, Jimmy Houston, Denny Brauer, Shaw Grisby,
Bassmaster
> Tour, Roland Martin, Doug Hannon, FLW Tour, to mention a few.
>
> Some are still on, but not back-to-back like it use-to-be. I loved my
> Sunday evenings watching all my favorite shows. It simply topped off my
> weekend and better prepared me for another long work week.
>
> Now you get one bass show, then a salt water fishing show, followed by one
> or two trout shows, then a hunting show, followed by a gun show, then
maybe
> another bass show, and the tale goes on and on.
>
> So what would you rather watch, bass, bass, and more bass, or all these
> other fishing shows?
>
> We really need to all pull together and start a Cable Bass Fishing Network
> channel that is on 24/7/365 like the Golf channel. Hell, we have the
talent
> here, and I know I could sell the show to the sponsors and investors.
>
> Part of me is kidding and part of me is dead serious.
> --
> Craig

Dave Norton
October 6th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Bud, I gotta get you on some of dem hybreds!

"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
message ...
> My favorite would have to be the elusive smallmouth. Why? Well, because I
> can catch Percy Priest's largemouth and spotted bass *most* of the time,
but
> the smallies that I've seen come from there excite me, and I've only run
> across a few of them in my fishing time.
>
> I don't get too excited about any of the other non-bass species, but do
> enjoy the occasional accidental catfish or stripe that happens to come my
> way.
>

> "Craig" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Man I have to ask, because as I watch OLN and ESPN2 and all the fishing
> > shows, bass fishing is low on the food chain for getting air time any
> more.
> > I mean only a couple of years ago you could blop your butt in front of
the
> > TV and watch bass fishing shows all day if you wanted.
> >
> > There was, In-Fisherman, Hank Parker, Orlando Wilson, Bill Dance, Fish
> > Fishburn, Larry Nixon, Jimmy Houston, Denny Brauer, Shaw Grisby,
> Bassmaster
> > Tour, Roland Martin, Doug Hannon, FLW Tour, to mention a few.
> >
> > Some are still on, but not back-to-back like it use-to-be. I loved my
> > Sunday evenings watching all my favorite shows. It simply topped off my
> > weekend and better prepared me for another long work week.
> >
> > Now you get one bass show, then a salt water fishing show, followed by
one
> > or two trout shows, then a hunting show, followed by a gun show, then
> maybe
> > another bass show, and the tale goes on and on.
> >
> > So what would you rather watch, bass, bass, and more bass, or all these
> > other fishing shows?
> >
> > We really need to all pull together and start a Cable Bass Fishing
Network
> > channel that is on 24/7/365 like the Golf channel. Hell, we have the
> talent
> > here, and I know I could sell the show to the sponsors and investors.
> >
> > Part of me is kidding and part of me is dead serious.
> > --
> > Craig

Bob Rickard
October 6th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Sounds good, Craig. Just make sure that the limo that picks me up for that
11:00 am show is well stocked with Ding Dongs, Twinkees, and hot peppers.

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

"Craig" > wrote in message
m...
> Ok, I can see a line-up already:
>
> 7:00 a.m. Good Morning Bass - A National Bass Fishing News Program with
both
> National and local weather and Lake condition reports.
> 9:00 a.m. Live with Steve & Kathy - A Light Hearted Bass Talk Show.
> 10:00 a.m. The Brian Storm Show - A helpful tips show centering on
cooking,
> clothing, tackle organization, etc.
> 11:00 a.m. The Scene - A round-table discussion group (Moe Conway, Warren
> Wolk, Bob Rickard, Dan Warme, and Dave Norton).
> 12:00 p.m. News - Local fishing news of what happening in your community.
> 12:30 p.m. Where's All The Bass - A Soap Opera that takes place in the
> fictional town of Brinelander, WI and Loom Lake.
> 1:30 p.m. The Bass is Right - A game show where fisherman compete for
prizes
> by guessing what the prices are for various fishing, marine, and
automotive
> products.
> 2:30 p.m. The Jerry Barton Show - A Shock talk show that features anglers
> settling disputes, confronting anglers caught on video cheating, Fishing
> Partners making surprise announcements that they are fishing with other
> anglers, etc. (Jerry! Jerry!)
> 3:30 p.m. Married and Bassin - a comedy about a bass angler and his
family,
> and all the wacky things he does to get out and fish.
> 4:00 p.m. RichZ (by ZhciR Productions) - A talk show where Rich interviews
> fishing most famous anglers and industry giants, has a book club, and
leaves
> packages of fishing related products under the seats of his audience
(Rich!
> Rich!)
> 5:00 p.m. Local Fishing News
> 6:00 p.m. National Fishing News
> 7:00 p.m. Entertainment Bass - A show that focuses on the Fishing
Industry
> and its stars, and the gossip.
> PRIME TIME - Changing Nightly
> 7:30p.m. Bill Dance
> 8:00 p.m. Hank Parker
> 8:30 p.m. Jimmy Houston
> 9:00 p.m. Denny Brauer
> 9:30 p.m. Larry Nixon
> 10:00 p.m. in-Fisherman
> 11:00 p.m. Local Fishing News
> 11:30 p.m. BassLine with Charles Summers
> 12:00 a.m. Late Night with Craig
> 1:00 a.m. Late Late Night with Jack
> 2:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m. Rodney Long and the infomercials
> 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 Early Morning Bassin with Pat Goff and his Wild Texans
>
> --
> Craig

Craig
October 6th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Limo? . . . . next thing you know these people might even think they are
going to get paid {ha, ha, ha}. . . . If they only knew I expect them to
pay me for making them a star. Limo {smirk}. . . Did I say that out loud?
{looks to one side, then the other} . . . . [Thinking - Cool nobodies
around. . . . ha, ha, ha Limo, that so cute}

--
Craig

Richard Liebert
October 7th, 2003, 02:42 AM
I love the large mouth but nothing gets the heart thumpin like something
big, real big, with lots of teeth. Close second is the mighty fightin river
small mouth.

"Dave Norton" > wrote in message
> Bud, I gotta get you on some of dem hybreds!
>
> "Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
> message ...
> > My favorite would have to be the elusive smallmouth. Why? Well, because
> > can catch Percy Priest's largemouth and spotted bass *most* of the time,
> but
> > the smallies that I've seen come from there excite me, and I've only run
> > across a few of them in my fishing time.
> >
> > I don't get too excited about any of the other non-bass species, but do
> > enjoy the occasional accidental catfish or stripe that happens to come
my
> > way.
> >

> > "Craig" > wrote in message
> > m...
> > > Man I have to ask, because as I watch OLN and ESPN2 and all the
fishing
> > > shows, bass fishing is low on the food chain for getting air time any
> > more.
> > > I mean only a couple of years ago you could blop your butt in front of
> the
> > > TV and watch bass fishing shows all day if you wanted.
> > >
> > > There was, In-Fisherman, Hank Parker, Orlando Wilson, Bill Dance, Fish
> > > Fishburn, Larry Nixon, Jimmy Houston, Denny Brauer, Shaw Grisby,
> > Bassmaster
> > > Tour, Roland Martin, Doug Hannon, FLW Tour, to mention a few.
> > >
> > > Some are still on, but not back-to-back like it use-to-be. I loved my
> > > Sunday evenings watching all my favorite shows. It simply topped off
my
> > > weekend and better prepared me for another long work week.
> > >
> > > Now you get one bass show, then a salt water fishing show, followed by
> one
> > > or two trout shows, then a hunting show, followed by a gun show, then
> > maybe
> > > another bass show, and the tale goes on and on.
> > >
> > > So what would you rather watch, bass, bass, and more bass, or all
these
> > > other fishing shows?
> > >
> > > We really need to all pull together and start a Cable Bass Fishing
> Network
> > > channel that is on 24/7/365 like the Golf channel. Hell, we have the
> > talent
> > > here, and I know I could sell the show to the sponsors and investors.
> > >
> > > Part of me is kidding and part of me is dead serious.
> > > --
> > > Craig

G. M. Zimmermann
October 7th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Sorry, but theres only so much bass fishing I can take. I enjoy fishing for
largemouth, smallmouth, trout, vrappie, sunfish, catfish, pickerel, musky, and
occasionally even carp and suckers. So I like to watch fishing shows that
target a multitude of species. But being a freshwater guy, some the Sal****er
programs dont interest me much - especially the big game fishing or Marlin,
etc.
Im also an avid hunter, and I enjoy alot of the hunting/shooting shows
also, especially Ducks Unlimited.
Variety is the spice of life.

-Zimmy

Jeff Durham
October 7th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Bass fishing is fun, but I enjoy most types of fishing. I would have to say
King Salmon fishing as they begin their spawn are the most fun for me. Then
comes trout, walleye/saugeye, crappie, bluegill, and then bass. Catching
anything is always fun! For me, it probably has more to do with what kind
of fish I like to eat.

Jeff

"Craig" > wrote in message
m...
> Man I have to ask, because as I watch OLN and ESPN2 and all the fishing
> shows, bass fishing is low on the food chain for getting air time any
more.
> I mean only a couple of years ago you could blop your butt in front of the
> TV and watch bass fishing shows all day if you wanted.
>
> There was, In-Fisherman, Hank Parker, Orlando Wilson, Bill Dance, Fish
> Fishburn, Larry Nixon, Jimmy Houston, Denny Brauer, Shaw Grisby,
Bassmaster
> Tour, Roland Martin, Doug Hannon, FLW Tour, to mention a few.
>
> Some are still on, but not back-to-back like it use-to-be. I loved my
> Sunday evenings watching all my favorite shows. It simply topped off my
> weekend and better prepared me for another long work week.
>
> Now you get one bass show, then a salt water fishing show, followed by one
> or two trout shows, then a hunting show, followed by a gun show, then
maybe
> another bass show, and the tale goes on and on.
>
> So what would you rather watch, bass, bass, and more bass, or all these
> other fishing shows?
>
> We really need to all pull together and start a Cable Bass Fishing Network
> channel that is on 24/7/365 like the Golf channel. Hell, we have the
talent
> here, and I know I could sell the show to the sponsors and investors.
>
> Part of me is kidding and part of me is dead serious.
> --
> Craig

Gone Angling
October 7th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Bass, pike, salmon, carp, brookies and i'm looking to add rainbow, steelhead,
and lakers to the stable.

Chuck Coger
October 8th, 2003, 03:31 AM
I love to Bass fish, and I can't explain why and it is no doubt my Favorite
fish to pursue. Living in Florida I also got the chance to take up some
sal****er fishing. Sal****er fishing is about the easiest fishing of all
until you start targeting a specific species. So in my spare time I am
either Snook fishing or Shark Fishing. I have caught some dandy sharks, and
outside of Crappie and Peacock Bass it is the only fish I eat in any real
quantity. You have to be really clever to catch bass consistently, and
conversley you have to be pretty clever to land a 10 foot Bull Shark on a
pier. Catch a 10 pound Bass in Florida and most people yawn at you, pull a
5-10 foot shark up a peir and the cameras are all over you, from everyone
within eyesight. Plus you get to eat it and sell the fins which usually pays
for the trip 4 x's over.

I like the idea of a "Fishing Channel" latley it is all I can do to find a
channel that has a single show on when I am home. The guys you mentioned
have enough film in the can to last several years of 24x7x365 fishing.

It's just to bad I recycle my tapes of me fishing every 10 trips or so and
don't keep a library, I could bore you guys to death with them on a channel
like that:)

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com