What is your favorite Fish?

Old October 5th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Craig

Default What is your favorite Fish?

Man I have to ask, because as I watch OLN and ESPN2 and all the fishing
shows, bass fishing is low on the food chain for getting air time any more.
I mean only a couple of years ago you could blop your butt in front of the
TV and watch bass fishing shows all day if you wanted.

There was, In-Fisherman, Hank Parker, Orlando Wilson, Bill Dance, Fish
Fishburn, Larry Nixon, Jimmy Houston, Denny Brauer, Shaw Grisby, Bassmaster
Tour, Roland Martin, Doug Hannon, FLW Tour, to mention a few.

Some are still on, but not back-to-back like it use-to-be. I loved my
Sunday evenings watching all my favorite shows. It simply topped off my
weekend and better prepared me for another long work week.

Now you get one bass show, then a salt water fishing show, followed by one
or two trout shows, then a hunting show, followed by a gun show, then maybe
another bass show, and the tale goes on and on.

So what would you rather watch, bass, bass, and more bass, or all these
other fishing shows?

We really need to all pull together and start a Cable Bass Fishing Network
channel that is on 24/7/365 like the Golf channel. Hell, we have the talent
here, and I know I could sell the show to the sponsors and investors.

Part of me is kidding and part of me is dead serious.
--
Craig

Old October 5th, 2003, 08:49 PM
John Kerr

Don't get me wrong....bass fishing is my first love as far as fishing is
concerned. But I reckon I just love to fish too. I am fortunate that I
get to travel some, and everywhere I go, someone usually offers to take
me fishing...in Van Couver, B.C., I got to catch some great Salmon, in
Alaska it was a giant Flounder, off the California coast, I enjoyed the
yellowtail, and albacore, and I still love to fish the gulf for the big
"reds", and when I go camping in the Sierras, catching a few mountain
trout for breakfast is awesome....so I enjoy a lot of the "other"
fishing shows too. But if ya get that all bass network put
together...I'll be watching! g
JK

Old October 5th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Thundercat

"Craig" wrote in message
m...
SNIP
So what would you rather watch, bass, bass, and more bass, or all these
other fishing shows?

We really need to all pull together and start a Cable Bass Fishing Network
channel that is on 24/7/365 like the Golf channel. Hell, we have the

talent
here, and I know I could sell the show to the sponsors and investors.

Part of me is kidding and part of me is dead serious.
--
Craig

Heck, I would love an all bass channel. However, an all fishing channel
would suit me just fine too. Shows dedicated to different species; bass,
trout, crappie, walleye, toothy guys, etc. Some children's fishing
programming, "how to" programming, conservation / biology programming,
bloopers, tournaments, boat maintenance / repair / reviews (a la Car and
Driver) etc...No such thing as too much information.

--
Harry J. aka Thundercat
Bass fishing is NOT a hobby...

Old October 5th, 2003, 10:45 PM
Dark Knight

I'd like to suggest that you contact your local cable and/or Dish provider
and request The Sportsman Channel. Not only with this channel focus on
fishing and hunting shows - without the extreme sports and other
"non-sportsperson" programming that The Outdoor Channel or OLN tends to run
to much of, but TSC is not gouging shows for air time. (Besides which, the
more coverage TSC gets, the easier it will be to get sponsors to sign on for
shows like our very own Steve Huber's Outdoor Frontiers...)

DK

"Thundercat" wrote in message
. net...
"Craig" wrote in message
m...
SNIP

Old October 5th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)

Maybe a different fish type for differnt days. Then you could watch bass all one day with bass sponsors, trout and trout sponsors
on another day etc. Bill P.

Old October 6th, 2003, 12:36 AM
Craig

Ok, I can see a line-up already:

7:00 a.m. Good Morning Bass - A National Bass Fishing News Program with both
National and local weather and Lake condition reports.
9:00 a.m. Live with Steve & Kathy - A Light Hearted Bass Talk Show.
10:00 a.m. The Brian Storm Show - A helpful tips show centering on cooking,
clothing, tackle organization, etc.
11:00 a.m. The Scene - A round-table discussion group (Moe Conway, Warren
Wolk, Bob Rickard, Dan Warme, and Dave Norton).
12:00 p.m. News - Local fishing news of what happening in your community.
12:30 p.m. Where's All The Bass - A Soap Opera that takes place in the
fictional town of Brinelander, WI and Loom Lake.
1:30 p.m. The Bass is Right - A game show where fisherman compete for prizes
by guessing what the prices are for various fishing, marine, and automotive
products.
2:30 p.m. The Jerry Barton Show - A Shock talk show that features anglers
settling disputes, confronting anglers caught on video cheating, Fishing
Partners making surprise announcements that they are fishing with other
anglers, etc. (Jerry! Jerry!)
3:30 p.m. Married and Bassin - a comedy about a bass angler and his family,
and all the wacky things he does to get out and fish.
4:00 p.m. RichZ (by ZhciR Productions) - A talk show where Rich interviews
fishing most famous anglers and industry giants, has a book club, and leaves
packages of fishing related products under the seats of his audience (Rich!
Rich!)
5:00 p.m. Local Fishing News
6:00 p.m. National Fishing News
7:00 p.m. Entertainment Bass - A show that focuses on the Fishing Industry
and its stars, and the gossip.
PRIME TIME - Changing Nightly
7:30p.m. Bill Dance
8:00 p.m. Hank Parker
8:30 p.m. Jimmy Houston
9:00 p.m. Denny Brauer
9:30 p.m. Larry Nixon
10:00 p.m. in-Fisherman
11:00 p.m. Local Fishing News
11:30 p.m. BassLine with Charles Summers
12:00 a.m. Late Night with Craig
1:00 a.m. Late Late Night with Jack
2:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m. Rodney Long and the infomercials
5:00 a.m. to 7:00 Early Morning Bassin with Pat Goff and his Wild Texans

--
Craig

Old October 6th, 2003, 02:11 AM
Jerry \NervisRek\ Barton

Hell Yeah !
--
Jerry Barton
www.jerrys-world.com

m...

Old October 6th, 2003, 03:16 AM
Charles B. Summers

I like the way you're thinking there Craig! And that 3:30 show may not be a
bad thought...

You did forget about 7:00pm Outdoor FrontierTV though... but that may end up
on a channel of its' own.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com

Old October 6th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Craig

No it could be part of the Prime Time lineup.

--
Craig