PDA

View Full Version : Shocked and Amazed at my worms!

Chuck Coger
October 8th, 2003, 03:06 AM
I started pouring my own worms about a month or two ago. I came up with some
really absurd designs at first and while I found a few fish dumb enough to
eat them, I never really caught more than one or two on my designs.

Until today! I came up with this little short worm that works flippin and as
a finesse bait. It is kind of weird that it worked well with both
applications but it did, and I really caught quite a few fish with them. The
bait (dubbed the Dart) I made were all I used all day and I caught in the
order of around 25-30 fish, I said fish because of that one bowfin that was
hungry.

Now I have a way to recycle all those dead worms in the bottom of my boat,
plus it is a pretty neat hobby.

Although my wife isn't to happy about me melting them on the kitchen stove
LOL. So Coleman stove here I come:)

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

Charles B. Summers
October 8th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Nice web-site Chuck! How about posting a pic of your new bait? What colors
are you using for the fall?

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
"Chuck Coger" > wrote in message
> I started pouring my own worms about a month or two ago. I came up with
some
> really absurd designs at first and while I found a few fish dumb enough to
> eat them, I never really caught more than one or two on my designs.
>
> Until today! I came up with this little short worm that works flippin and
as
> a finesse bait. It is kind of weird that it worked well with both
> applications but it did, and I really caught quite a few fish with them.
The
> bait (dubbed the Dart) I made were all I used all day and I caught in the
> order of around 25-30 fish, I said fish because of that one bowfin that
was
> hungry.
>
> Now I have a way to recycle all those dead worms in the bottom of my boat,
> plus it is a pretty neat hobby.
>
> Although my wife isn't to happy about me melting them on the kitchen stove
> LOL. So Coleman stove here I come:)
>
> ---
> Chuck Coger
> http://www.fishin-pro.com

John Kerr
October 8th, 2003, 04:13 AM
What's the price for a "baggie" of em Chuck? I'll try one!!
John

Chuck Coger
October 8th, 2003, 05:29 AM
Thanks. I'll put some pics up of them and post the link.

---
Chuck Coger

"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote in
message ...
> Nice web-site Chuck! How about posting a pic of your new bait? What colors
> are you using for the fall?
>
> --
> Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> www.midtennclassic.org
> "Chuck Coger" > wrote in message
> > I started pouring my own worms about a month or two ago. I came up with
> some
> > really absurd designs at first and while I found a few fish dumb enough
> > eat them, I never really caught more than one or two on my designs.
> >
> > Until today! I came up with this little short worm that works flippin
and
> as
> > a finesse bait. It is kind of weird that it worked well with both
> > applications but it did, and I really caught quite a few fish with them.
> The
> > bait (dubbed the Dart) I made were all I used all day and I caught in
the
> > order of around 25-30 fish, I said fish because of that one bowfin that
> was
> > hungry.
> >
> > Now I have a way to recycle all those dead worms in the bottom of my
boat,
> > plus it is a pretty neat hobby.
> >
> > Although my wife isn't to happy about me melting them on the kitchen
stove
> > LOL. So Coleman stove here I come:)
> >
> > ---
> > Chuck Coger
> > http://www.fishin-pro.com

RichZ
October 8th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Chuck wrote:
> Although my wife isn't to happy about me melting them on the kitchen stove
> LOL. So Coleman stove here I come:)

Buy yourself one of those cheapo microwaves for worm/plastic melting.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Chuck Coger
October 8th, 2003, 06:47 AM
I tried that, and with the quantity I am pouring at one time I would rather
keep the plastic melted.. PLus I have a tendancy to burn them in the
microwave. :)

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com
"RichZ" > wrote in message
> Chuck wrote:
> > Although my wife isn't to happy about me melting them on the kitchen
stove
> > LOL. So Coleman stove here I come:)
> >

> Buy yourself one of those cheapo microwaves for worm/plastic melting.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Chuck Coger
October 8th, 2003, 06:49 AM
Ok I put a few pictures of them up. You can't jump from my main page but
this url will work.

http://www.fishin-pro.com/my_plastics/my_worms.htm

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote in
message ...
> Nice web-site Chuck! How about posting a pic of your new bait? What colors
> are you using for the fall?
>
> --
> Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> www.midtennclassic.org
> "Chuck Coger" > wrote in message
> > I started pouring my own worms about a month or two ago. I came up with
> some
> > really absurd designs at first and while I found a few fish dumb enough
> > eat them, I never really caught more than one or two on my designs.
> >
> > Until today! I came up with this little short worm that works flippin
and
> as
> > a finesse bait. It is kind of weird that it worked well with both
> > applications but it did, and I really caught quite a few fish with them.
> The
> > bait (dubbed the Dart) I made were all I used all day and I caught in
the
> > order of around 25-30 fish, I said fish because of that one bowfin that
> was
> > hungry.
> >
> > Now I have a way to recycle all those dead worms in the bottom of my
boat,
> > plus it is a pretty neat hobby.
> >
> > Although my wife isn't to happy about me melting them on the kitchen
stove
> > LOL. So Coleman stove here I come:)
> >
> > ---
> > Chuck Coger
> > http://www.fishin-pro.com

Charles B. Summers
October 8th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Interesting paddle tail on those things... looks good and I can imagine how
they act underwater. The pig jig looks good too!