Finally.....

Old July 23rd, 2009, 12:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default Finally.....

..... I have to get a new pair of G3s. Yes, after more than 450 hard
days of fishing, slippery rocks and deadly dead falls, after
approximately 450 falls, slips, and slides, I need a new pair of G3s.
Oh, they aren't for me; mine are like new except for looks and smell.
The new G3s are for my lovely bride Joanne. Jo, the heart-breaker of
southern gentlemen, has finally acquiesced to my wishes and will
retire from her Executive Director position with Verizon's Wireless
Division. Finally, a fishing parter I can cuddle up with, who doesn't
smell horrible, smoke cigars, or get drunk.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 01:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey

In message , Dave LaCourse
writes
.... I have to get a new pair of G3s. Yes, after more than 450 hard
days of fishing, slippery rocks and deadly dead falls, after
approximately 450 falls, slips, and slides, I need a new pair of G3s.
Oh, they aren't for me; mine are like new except for looks and smell.
The new G3s are for my lovely bride Joanne. Jo, the heart-breaker of
southern gentlemen, has finally acquiesced to my wishes and will
retire from her Executive Director position with Verizon's Wireless
Division. Finally, a fishing parter I can cuddle up with, who doesn't
smell horrible, smoke cigars, or get drunk.

Dave

To Joanne,

You deserve a damned big medal for putting up with HIM :-)

Go catch some big fish for him to clean.
--
Bill Grey

Old July 24th, 2009, 01:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Dave LaCourse wrote:
.... I have to get a new pair of G3s. Yes, after more than 450 hard
days of fishing, slippery rocks and deadly dead falls, after
approximately 450 falls, slips, and slides, I need a new pair of G3s.
Oh, they aren't for me; mine are like new except for looks and smell.
The new G3s are for my lovely bride Joanne. Jo, the heart-breaker of
southern gentlemen, has finally acquiesced to my wishes and will
retire from her Executive Director position with Verizon's Wireless
Division. Finally, a fishing parter I can cuddle up with, who doesn't
smell horrible, smoke cigars, or get drunk.

Dave

congrats to you and jo... being able to retire is a significant
accomplishment. as you might suspect, my retirement plan is with our
local funeral home.

jeff
Old July 24th, 2009, 02:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 23-Jul-2009, jeff wrote:

my retirement plan is with our
local funeral home.

I hope not soon as we have had enough depressing news here lately
I am in the middle of doing the big R this year myself
Enough is enough!

Fred
Old July 24th, 2009, 03:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:35:11 -0400, jeff
wrote:

as you might suspect, my retirement plan is with our
local funeral home.

Not too quickly, counselor. Jo and I need folks like you to keep
paying your taxes. d;o)

Old July 24th, 2009, 03:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Congrats to the child bride, though the geek world is loosing a great
mind. Enjoy it, both of you.
Frank Reid

Old July 24th, 2009, 05:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:46:15 -0400, Dave LaCourse
wrote:

.... I have to get a new pair of G3s. Yes, after more than 450 hard
days of fishing, slippery rocks and deadly dead falls, after
approximately 450 falls, slips, and slides, I need a new pair of G3s.
Oh, they aren't for me; mine are like new except for looks and smell.
The new G3s are for my lovely bride Joanne. Jo, the heart-breaker of
southern gentlemen, has finally acquiesced to my wishes and will
retire from her Executive Director position with Verizon's Wireless
Division. Finally, a fishing parter I can cuddle up with, who doesn't
smell horrible, smoke cigars, or get drunk.

Dave

Uh-huh...only an status-symbol-seeking idiot would buy G3s, as Simms themselves
says they aren't anything more than merely adequate waders. A quick look at
Simms' own advertising says the NEW! G4's are the only wader that any
self-respecting stumbleklutz****sport would allow anywhere near their kit. My
guess is that they'll find out you're the retired idiot married to a
soon-to-be-former ED trying to buy such pedestrian dross and call her a
divor...HEY! jeffie - have you made sure that you're on Simms' speed-dial list?
IAC, I guess _wannabe_ self-respecting stumbleklutz****sports buy such outdated
crap and kid themselves about how good their outdated crap really is...

HTH,

....and those $100USD or so Hodgman's that I use to duck hunt and on the bayous
have been through **** that would have reduced those G3s to little more than a
colander...or reduced a half-assed math teacher in Chinkland to wet-butt tears
(hey, as long as we're trolling...)

....and BTW, congrats to y'all...
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:52:18 -0500, wrote:

HTH

Oh, it does, it does.

Old July 24th, 2009, 12:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

wrote:

[...]

for years now, i've been sending jo my blue-light special bulk mailing
of ez-divorce-r-us offerings. reckon i'll have to add a new paragraph
addressing this latest indignity.

....i originally had a pair of $100+ hodgman's...might be ok in winter
while sipping bourbon in a duck blind, but in the carolina summer of
freestones, rhodos, and brambles, they were hot as hell and leaky.
stream seep mixed with sweat created a funky odor in them that not even
a diet of cabbage and sausage could yield.

jeff (i fart in your general direction.)