You gotta be kidding...

Old October 30th, 2008, 10:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default You gotta be kidding...

It seems that Fox is the only major news outlet making mention of this.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's Fox, but this is a quote of what Bill
Clinton said:

Clinton told the crowd at a Wednesday night rally with Obama in Florida.
"He said, 'Tell me what the right thing to do is. What's the right thing
for America? Don't tell me what's popular. You tell me what's right --
I'll figure out how to sell it.'"

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...onomic-crisis/

Unfrigginbelievable...and this is the guy who is running commercials
blasting McCain for admitting he didn't know as much as he felt he
should about _economics_, not the _economy_, as Obama is advertising...

I can already hear the spin - he has advisors, he listens to others,
yada, yada, yada, but the fact remains he wanted others to tell him what
to do and he'd just be the guy who "sells it."

Sheesh,
Old October 30th, 2008, 11:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

wrote in
:

Bill Clinton said:

Clinton told the crowd at a Wednesday night rally with Obama in
Florida. "He said, 'Tell me what the right thing to do is. What's the
right thing for America? Don't tell me what's popular. You tell me
what's right -- I'll figure out how to sell it.'"

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...obama-uncertai
n-economic-crisis/

Unfrigginbelievable...and this is the guy who is running commercials
blasting McCain for admitting he didn't know as much as he felt he
should about _economics_, not the _economy_, as Obama is
advertising...

I can already hear the spin - he has advisors, he listens to others,
yada, yada, yada, but the fact remains he wanted others to tell him
what to do and he'd just be the guy who "sells it."

Sheesh,

Wouldn't contacting experts and advisors before formulating a well
reasoned and organized response be called "leadership"?

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old October 30th, 2008, 11:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On 30 Oct 2008 23:05:05 GMT, Scott Seidman
wrote:

wrote in
:

Bill Clinton said:

[...]

No, it wouldn't.

HTH,
Old October 31st, 2008, 12:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
george9219

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...s-obama-uncert...

Unfrigginbelievable...and this is the guy who is running commercials
blasting McCain for admitting he didn't know as much as he felt he
should about _economics_, not the _economy_, as Obama is advertising...

I can already hear the spin - he has advisors, he listens to others,
yada, yada, yada, but the fact remains he wanted others to tell him what
to do and he'd just be the guy who "sells it."

Sheesh,

Well, if Obama wins and does only a passable job as POTUS, then eight
years hence, Hillary likely won't be a viable candidate. If Obama wins
and falls flat on his face, then four years hence, the GOP would
likely win. BUT, if Obama loses, four years hence, heeeeeres Hillary!
If I were Obama, I'd sooner shove a rattlesnake down my pants than get
anywhere near Bill Clinton.
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:48:41 -0500, wrote:

On 30 Oct 2008 23:05:05 GMT, Scott Seidman
wrote:

wrote in
m:

Bill Clinton said:

[...]

Actually, it certainly is.

Partisan dumbass...

/daytripper
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

Clinton said:

Clinton told the crowd at a Wednesday night rally with Obama in Florida.
"He said, 'Tell me what the right thing to do is. What's the right thing
for America? Don't tell me what's popular. You tell me what's right --
I'll figure out how to sell it.'"

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...onomic-crisis/

Unfrigginbelievable...and this is the guy who is running commercials
blasting McCain for admitting he didn't know as much as he felt he
should about _economics_, not the _economy_, as Obama is advertising...

I can already hear the spin - he has advisors, he listens to others,
yada, yada, yada, but the fact remains he wanted others to tell him what
to do and he'd just be the guy who "sells it."

Sheesh,

Why do Presidents have Cabinets, partisan dumbass?

/daytripper (double sheesh)
Old October 31st, 2008, 02:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Clinton said:

Clinton told the crowd at a Wednesday night rally with Obama in Florida.
"He said, 'Tell me what the right thing to do is. What's the right thing
for America? Don't tell me what's popular. You tell me what's right --
I'll figure out how to sell it.'"

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...onomic-crisis/

Unfrigginbelievable...and this is the guy who is running commercials
blasting McCain for admitting he didn't know as much as he felt he
should about _economics_, not the _economy_, as Obama is advertising...

I can already hear the spin - he has advisors, he listens to others,
yada, yada, yada, but the fact remains he wanted others to tell him what
to do and he'd just be the guy who "sells it."

Sheesh,

Why do Presidents have Cabinets, partisan dumbass?

Ah. So I'm curious, why doesn't he know or at least have a pretty good
idea of "what's right?" I mean, he has been claiming he knows what's
wrong and he has published his super-duper plan that supposedly clearly
explains how he will fix everything, plus he claims he has so many
answers to so many questions, so why does he need to have others "tell
him what's right?" This isn't him saying, "I have a plan, and I'm
pretty sure it's what I'm going to do, but before I commit to it, I want
your advice/input," or even "Here's my thoughts on this, what do you
think - what's your input," it's him saying he wants others to _tell him
what to do_. Are you electing him or to whoever he might turn to "tell
him what to do?" Do you trust him so completely to state here and now
and sign your name that you support whomever he might get to "tell him
what to do?"

And on another level, why does he need others to tell him what's right?
You'd think a person of his supposed intellect and education would have
some basic idea of right and wrong.

You accuse me of being a "partisan dumbass," but answer this question to
yourself: what would your reaction be if anyone other than your precious
St. Barack had said, "You tell me what's right -- I'll figure out how to
sell it."

HTH,

/daytripper (double sheesh)

Old October 31st, 2008, 02:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:41:41 -0400, daytripper
wrote:

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:48:41 -0500, wrote:

On 30 Oct 2008 23:05:05 GMT, Scott Seidman
wrote:

wrote in
:

Bill Clinton said:

[...]

No, it certainly isn't. That's being a wishy-washy mid-level manager.
When a leader is needed, there is no time for all that feel-good, CYA
bull**** and leaders step up and act - leaders lead, they don't follow.
Of course, sometimes they are wrong and/or make mistakes, but real
leaders don't and can't worry about perfection because they understand
that it is a fruitless pursuit. A real leader will spend their
down-time learning and when they are called upon to lead, they will
trust their instincts and have faith they will enjoy more success than
failure.

Partisan dumbass...

Spoken like someone who has never been, never will be and is totally
unprepared to be anything remotely close to a real leader or know what
one is, does, looks or acts like...

HTH,
....here's a hint - there are no "good leaders" or "bad leaders," only
_leaders_...

/daytripper

Old October 31st, 2008, 02:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On 30 Oct 2008 23:07:32 GMT, Scott Seidman
wrote:

wrote in
:

It seems that Fox is the only major news outlet making mention of this.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's Fox, but this is a quote of what Bill
Clinton said:

Bye the bye, you figure out who you voting for yet

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! No, but I've been registered by ACORN 6,452
times...but I can tell you I've decided that I cannot and will not
support Obama as a candidate for POTUS. If he wins, that's another
matter.

, or are you waiting for the Messiah to arrive before making a decision?

I'm not waiting for anything and I'm fairly sure that no Messiahs are
going to be arriving, Obama included.

HTH,