its not chicken livers

Old May 9th, 2005, 03:05 AM
B C

Default its not chicken livers

the bite was phenomenal. no sooner than i could cast out, set my pole,
get back in the car, and open my magazine. the pole was bobbing up and
down. caught 3 little catfish in an hour at low tide. then i drove
about a mile back toward town says to myself "lets try it again, why
not" i stopped and baited two #1 hooks (no floats or sinkers) and gave
them a toss into the muddy water. no sooner than it hit the water there
was a jerk on the line. sure as hell it was "old led-pencils" after a
struggle i slipped and fell in the mud, stepped on the pole and almost
broke it, got my right thumb in his gills but he slipped away a second
and third time. somehow he broke the 20# test out of the water up on
the bank now. i chased him down again. this time on all fours with
both my hands around his neck both thumbs implanted in his gills. i
hiked up to the road with him clutched in both my hands just as two cars
passed by (i wonder what they thought of me and that catfish covered in
mud?). i tossed him in the trunk and went back down to get the pole.
it was 15 minutes back to the bait and tackle shop where i just bought a
pound of frozen anchovies for $2.49, less than an hour ago. they were
happy to take my picture and measure that catfish. 25 inches long and
tipped the scale at just under 4 lbs.! the biggest catfish i have ever
seen in my life! i took him home and put him in the bath tub for
three days, then i tossed him in the fish pond at the delta college. i
am sure he'll be happier there.
when i was about 8 years old i was fishing with chicken livers and not
catching a thing, when another boy told me to use anchovies on #8 hooks.
wham, i landed one fish after another and came home with my broomstick
and a sack full of fish every time. nope i never forgot them anchovies,
they worked when i was 8 years old and they still knock 'em dead 40
years later. just wait til the devils raining. no bull.

Old May 9th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Don Farr

High FIVE twice MAN!!!!

1 for the catch!!!