Fattie

Old April 28th, 2007, 09:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Peter A. Collin

Default Fattie

Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
Took a little Clouser minnow.

Pete Collin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FrmRB.JPG
Views:	674
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	257
Old April 28th, 2007, 09:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Ken Fortenberry

Peter A. Collin wrote:
Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
Took a little Clouser minnow.

Shoot, when I saw the Subject: header I was expecting a picture
of a nice spliff. ;-)

Nice fish and a classic rig. Is that a Montague 'boo with that
old Pflueger Medalist ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old April 28th, 2007, 10:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:37:35 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Nice fish and a classic rig. Is that a Montague 'boo with that
old Pflueger Medalist ?

That rod was made by Peter, I would imagine. I have a similar one in
a 5 weight.

Old April 29th, 2007, 12:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Peter A. Collin

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Peter A. Collin wrote:
Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
Took a little Clouser minnow.

Shoot, when I saw the Subject: header I was expecting a picture
of a nice spliff. ;-)

Nice fish and a classic rig. Is that a Montague 'boo with that
old Pflueger Medalist ?

It is a Peter Collin boo. I spit on Montague!
Old April 29th, 2007, 02:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Ken Fortenberry

Peter A. Collin wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Peter A. Collin wrote:
Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
Took a little Clouser minnow.

Shoot, when I saw the Subject: header I was expecting a picture
of a nice spliff. ;-)

Nice fish and a classic rig. Is that a Montague 'boo with that
old Pflueger Medalist ?

It is a Peter Collin boo. I spit on Montague!

Sorry about that, I thought the reel seat looked similar to an
old Montague 'boo. That's a nice looking outfit, real classic
and classy.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 29th, 2007, 07:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

Peter A. Collin wrote:
Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
Took a little Clouser minnow.

Outstanding fish, Peter, even though it's an exotic. :-)

I'm dying to go trout fishing, but I'm stuck in the Bay Area for another
week, and the season in Idaho is pretty much closed through May, except
for lakes and private water. I have my eye on some spring-creek Indian
reservation water in eastern Idaho.

Old April 29th, 2007, 09:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
asadi

"Peter A. Collin" wrote in message
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Peter A. Collin wrote:
Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
Took a little Clouser minnow.

Shoot, when I saw the Subject: header I was expecting a picture
of a nice spliff. ;-)

Nice fish and a classic rig. Is that a Montague 'boo with that
old Pflueger Medalist ?

It is a Peter Collin boo. I spit on Montague!

How dare you spit on one of my first fly rods. Why the audacity! Pick up the
glove sir! Be thou forever barred form the threshold of the house of Horton!

fat fish...

john

Old April 29th, 2007, 10:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Peter A. Collin

asadi wrote:

It is a Peter Collin boo. I spit on Montague!

How dare you spit on one of my first fly rods. Why the audacity! Pick up the
glove sir! Be thou forever barred form the threshold of the house of Horton!

fat fish...

john

I thought that might have sounded a bit arrogant! Too many Monty python
movies! I just know that Montagues were pretty low in the bamboo rod
heierarchy, and I try to aim a bit higher than that.

Pete
Old April 29th, 2007, 01:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dave LaCourse

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 05:52:11 -0400, "Peter A. Collin"
wrote:

I thought that might have sounded a bit arrogant! Too many Monty python
movies! I just know that Montagues were pretty low in the bamboo rod
heierarchy, and I try to aim a bit higher than that.

Peter, I learned to fly fish on an old Montague and another boo that
was made in occupied Japan and sold at Sears for $5. I can assure you
that the rod you built for me is far better than any Montague.