Flies Tied by Kids

Old May 21st, 2007, 05:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Peter A. Collin

Default Flies Tied by Kids

The other day I sat my 2 nephews and niece down to vises and taught them
how to tie a fly. I asked them if they wanted something simple or
challenging, and they opted for the latter. It is a crayfish pattern of
my own making. I was very pleased with how they did.

Pete Collin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KidsFlies.JPG
Views:	717
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	278
Old May 21st, 2007, 07:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
[email protected]

On 21-May-2007, "Peter A. Collin" wrote:

The other day I sat my 2 nephews and niece down to vises and taught them
how to tie a fly. I asked them if they wanted something simple or
challenging, and they opted for the latter. It is a crayfish pattern of
my own making. I was very pleased with how they did.

Pete Collin

Attached file: KidsFlies.JPG (46,638 bytes)

Great idea!
Wonderful flies and a nice photo.

Thanks
Fred
Old May 22nd, 2007, 04:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
John

They did great! For a gift that keeps on giving, try the following.

You and the kids tie up 4 each.
Get 4 8 1/2 x 11" clear plastic display cases like sold by Tap Plastics for
$7.95 or shadow boxes for more upscale.
Mount each fly, everyone signs their name and age.
Ten years from now all four of you will treasure each's case because of the
memories you all had together.

Good luck and way to go.
John

Old May 22nd, 2007, 05:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
George

A great idea! My son and I watched the guy in the fly shop at the local Bass
Pro Shop tie a fly late one Sunday evening. I was impressed but the kid was
fascinated. After he finished he put the fly on a hemostat and "swam" it by
the glass on the trout tank and we saw severl strikes. That really impressed
him.
George in Las Vegas