another test--resizing

Old December 15th, 2006, 02:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Opus

Default another test--resizing

Old December 15th, 2006, 02:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Opus

"Opus" wrote in message
.. .

Charlie, did this one show up smaller? Seriously. It shows 137kb on my
'puter, but the pic opens in Adobe Photoshop and is quite large?

Op

Old December 15th, 2006, 03:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

That's actually a good size. Not too large, but the detail is still decent.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

"Opus" wrote in message
.. .

Old December 15th, 2006, 08:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Donut

Default another test--resizing - No HTML.jpg (0/1)

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:56:03 -0500, "Opus"
wrote:

"Opus" wrote in message
. ..

Charlie, did this one show up smaller? Seriously. It shows 137kb on my
'puter, but the pic opens in Adobe Photoshop and is quite large?

Op

The file size is good for what the people in this group like to see.
Me? I don't care I have a cable connection, but am sensitive to
dial up users and those with marginal NNTP servers.

Now all you need to do is turn off the html, not appropriate for
Usenet. That Teranews deal is pretty darned good. I suggested it once
in roff, but since I choose to not reveal my email address, instead of
any positive replies, I was mocked for being anonymous No skin off
my nose, and frankly I sort of expected that sort of reaction from
some in that group... Oh well.

Attached is where you turn off the HTML.

Don

Old December 15th, 2006, 08:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Donut

Default another test--resizing - No HTML.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	No HTML.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	176
Old December 15th, 2006, 01:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:56:03 -0500, "Opus" wrote:

"Opus" wrote in message
. ..

Charlie, did this one show up smaller? Seriously. It shows 137kb on my
'puter, but the pic opens in Adobe Photoshop and is quite large?

It's just less than 100K bytes. Photoshop can show pictures at different screen
sizes without changing the file size.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old December 15th, 2006, 11:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
The Great Gazooka

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:28:39 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

That's actually a good size. Not too large, but the detail is still decent.

You tell him spammer. By golly.
Old December 16th, 2006, 02:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
bill allemann

the size on your screen and the data size of the file are two different
issues.
photo editing software can save a file at many different quality levels that
affect file size dramatically at a given image size.

"Opus" wrote in message
.. .
.. .